Technical Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Technical Question

Post by Icedawg »

I just bought a new computer with a nice 23" monitor and thought that the larger monitor would make things easier to see. Unfortunately, things are actually worse than with my old 19" monitor.

Using just the official patch, everything is fine and the game is much easier to view. However when I try using the latest beta, I get this teeny tiny window for the game map. It only fills in 40% or so of the total space on my monitor. I've tried tweaking the resolution to various settings and can get it up to maybe 60% of the screen.

Can any of you technically inclined guys help out here?
Quixote

RE: Technical Question

Post by Quixote »

The beta loads in windowed mode, at least until you change it. To do that, right click on the beta icon on your desktop, then go to the Properties line - usually at the bottom. When you do this, you'll get a window that looks like the picture here. At that point, just erase/remove the "-w" that is listed after your executable line (should be where the red box in the picture is), and save. The game should now open in full screen mode when you start it.

Attachments
Windowsmode.jpg
Windowsmode.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 13 times
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: Quixote

The beta loads in windowed mode, at least until you change it. To do that, right click on the beta icon on your desktop, then go to the Properties line - usually at the bottom. When you do this, you'll get a window that looks like the picture here. At that point, just erase/remove the "-w" that is listed after your executable line (should be where the red box in the picture is), and save. The game should now open in full screen mode when you start it.

Thanks alot! It worked like a charm.

Xargun

Post by Xargun »

You can also set the game to play in wide screen mode. I believe there is a Read Me with the game giving the instructions on how to set a specific Resolution. Wide screen is awesome as you can actually see more than a small section of the map at one time.

Xargun

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”