Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

SeanD

Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available!

Post by SeanD »

The second expansion to this highly successful series comes amidst our famed holiday sale for extra savings!

Matrix Games, Slitherine and Code Force are thrilled to announce the release of Distant Worlds – Legends. The hotly awaited second expansion to the famed 4x strategy series, Distant Worlds!

With our massive holiday sale currently going strong, now has never been a better time to jump in a starship and head to Distant Worlds. The base game is now on sale for $26.99 and its expansion Return of the Shakturi is $16.99 (both prices are for the digital download) – that means both titles are selling for 33% off until January 8th!

As an added bonus to existing Distant Worlds fans, through the duration of the holiday sale Distant Worlds – Legends will be priced at $5 off the regular price, or the same discount given to newcomers to the series who take advantage of our bundle discount. That means that anyone can receive the price reduction and buy Legends for $19.99 without having to purchase another Distant Worlds title along with it to activate the bundle discount. Note that Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES the full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

After the holiday sale and discounted pricing ends, Distant Worlds will return to its price of $39.99 Download / $49.99 Physical and Return of the Shakturi and Legends will return to their normal price of $24.99, but both expansions will also be available for $19.99 if purchased together with another Distant Worlds title as a bundle.

Distant Worlds: Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time. Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!

Distant Worlds: Legends also includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars. Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.

All of this together makes Distant Worlds: Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

Get more information on Distant Worlds – Legends from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Gelatinous Cube

RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available!

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

Bought. Downloading. Happy. [8D]
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Already DLing. [:)]
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

yessss. downloading like speedy gonzales.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

I'll get it now too... with the German glitch through Vanilla though. Still that does never stop me from playing a game. I got a game were whole passages of texts went missing instead of some "Umlaute (Ä Ö Ü)" without patching two versions of language together.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

From: Matrix Games Press [mailto:press@mail.matrixgames.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:13 AM
Subject: Distant Worlds Legends Now Available!

Matrix Games News Release
For Distant Worlds

Distant Worlds Legends Now Available!
The second expansion to this highly successful series comes amidst our famed holiday sale for extra savings!
Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are thrilled to announce the release of Distant Worlds – Legends. The hotly awaited second expansion to the famed 4x strategy series, Distant Worlds!

With our massive holiday sale currently going strong, now has never been a better time to jump in a starship and head to Distant Worlds. The base game is now on sale for $26.99 and its expansion Return of the Shakturi is $16.99 (both prices are for the digital download) – that means both titles are selling for 33% off until January 8th!
As an added bonus to existing Distant Worlds fans, through the duration of the holiday sale Distant Worlds – Legends will be priced at $5 off the regular price, or the same discount given to newcomers to the series who take advantage of our bundle discount. That means that anyone can receive the price reduction and buy Legends for $19.99 without having to purchase another Distant Worlds title along with it to activate the bundle discount. Note that Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES the full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.
After the holiday sale and discounted pricing ends, Distant Worlds will return to its price of $39.99 Download / $49.99 Physical and Return of the Shakturi and Legends will return to their normal price of $24.99, but both expansions will also be available for $19.99 if purchased together with another Distant Worlds title as a bundle.
Distant Worlds: Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time. Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!
Distant Worlds: Legendsalso includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars. Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.
All of this together makes Distant Worlds: Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!
Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.
Get more information on Distant Worlds – Legends from its official product page.

Distant Worlds

Discussion Forum

Linked "product page" in email (indicated by red text above" is a bad link.

"../products/415/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Legends" in email message.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Howard Mitchell

Post by Howard Mitchell »

Downloading now [:D]

Ah well, there goes the rest of November. And December. And much of 2012 I imagine...
While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

It works fine for me. Bad browser!

Edit: Didn't see it first... you don't mean the OP Link but an E-Mail news link.

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
jlevans

Post by jlevans »

The product page link works for me, but attempts to download fail as the server kicks me out of the checkout page back to the store. Has happened a dozen times in a row in the last 10 minutes. Server is too busy???
James L Evans
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Jlevans,

There's no issue that I can see from here. Other orders are going through fine. What browser and payment method are you using? Feel free to e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com if you need help.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
AlPhi

Post by AlPhi »

I am having the same issue as Jlevans (being kicked out of the order 'enter address' page back into the store product list page) from the UK using IE8. I assume it is just server overload and will try again later.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's very concerning, these are the first reports like this we've had. What payment method are you using? Have you tried a different browser? I will investigate this here as well.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
jlevans

Post by jlevans »

Never get to a payment method choice. I've isolated the problem ti IE8/9 as I've successfully downloaded now using Firefox.
James L Evans
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

I've realised I don't have any funds in my paypal account and as I hardly ever use paypal I forgot my password so have had to reset my account. Is there any way I can purchase Legends immediately without having to wait 2-3 days for my paypal account to register?

Edit: I've figured out one solution would be to simply pay by debit card as a paypal guest[;)]
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

Made a successful purchase from U.S. east coast using Firefox.

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

Using firefox works fine for me
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I managed to download it; although it kicked me out once right after purchase...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

Bless my old T-Online Internet Explorer 6.0. What he can't manage (bigger than 2 Gig) needs to be done by Firefox including modern HTML formats. But he never fails me.

Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

Needed to run five attempts to actually download the game from plimas server link in receipt. The download would hang about half through the download process. Completed successfully in the end.

Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I was kicked out after purchase. I went back to the product page and clicked on Order Status, then Went to the Plimus site and put in my order number. That allowed me to download the Legends file from there. I use Internet Explorer v.8.

FoM
Old............but very fast

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”