Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Data

RE: Let's Play DW RotS - Starting a new game

Post by Data »

Yap....itching rarely is funny [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I like the way you think, Das. Having a concensus on how to solve a moral or political dilemma from the previous episode, would be very funny or......very scary. Like the old serial cliffhanger. I sure the community would test the very limits of DW with gameplay like this, and also show the different types of solutions we all have to problem solving. Erik could really use all the feedback for patches and fixes.

FoM
Old............but very fast
Yskonyn

Post by Yskonyn »

Great video series, Das! Truely well done!
I am now watching part 10, so almost finished, but I am enjoying them tremendously.
I am looking forward to your Legends videos. [&o]
Yskonyn -

Desktop: Intel i7 9700K @5.0Ghz, Nvidia RTX3080Ti, 32GB RAM, Win 11 64bit
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 Intel i7 1065G7, Nvidia MX350, 8GB RAM, Win 11 64 bit.
DMan777

Post by DMan777 »

Das,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I've been waiting a year-and-a-half for someone to do a LP for DW.  I'm glad to hear you find these easier than AAR's so perhaps we'll see more.  I really like hearing your thought process while you decide what to do.  I look forward to your series on Legends too.

If I may offer one nitpick, it would be to pull back the sound from the game some as you tend to speak softly and you sometimes get drowned out by music, but especially by battle sequences.  Otherwise, terrific job!  You've got me playing DW again after several months off.

Thanks again,

D-
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Thanks for your comments. [:)]

Regarding the sound quality I'm hoping this will be improved. My old headset was great on my old 32bit computer but I hadn't realised how low it recorded on 64bit. I had to make a tutorial for a client earlier in the week and had to get a better recording headset so got a Logitech G35. [:)]
Grisha

Post by Grisha »

Sorry, edited my post when I realized I made the assumption that Das works for Code Force. My bad, since I don't know!
Best regards,
Greg Guerrero
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

ORIGINAL: Grisha

Sorry, edited my post when I realized I made the assumption that Das works for Code Force. My bad, since I don't know!
No affiliation with CodeForce or Matrix other than that of appreciative game player. :) I guess Elliot's NZ accent and my Australian accent are similar so it would be easy to bridge a connection. :)
Keston

Post by Keston »

It makes the game MUCH more accessible to people so will encourage purchases.

May I ask what you used for recording?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

ORIGINAL: Keston

It makes the game MUCH more accessible to people so will encourage purchases.

May I ask what you used for recording?
I hope it makes the game more accessible to new players. It is such an awesome game.

Here is a link to the capture details. It was a fair amount of trial and error but the process ultimately is reasonably simple.[:)]
Data

Post by Data »

I hope it makes the game more accessible to new players. It is such an awesome game

It does....and it is [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Fetrik

Post by Fetrik »

ORIGINAL: Das123

I hope it makes the game more accessible to new players. It is such an awesome game.

I bought DW and RotS yesterday morning after a night shift i had to have it and didn't even wait for the sale starting today. Got up after 3 hours sleep, read the manual and played for 6-8 hours during the day. Now i'm sitting on the edge off my seat waiting for the release of Legends.

The buy was of course after i watched your 13 part Let's play of RotS. Previosly i always heard DW described as EU in space. Well that may be the closest and easiest explanation but it doesn't even come close to describing the game. I bet a lot of people have bought or are waiting for the sale to buy DW all thanks to you.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It is nice to see people motivated by this excellent video series. I think the EU3 comparison is mostly about the style of real-time play (relaxed), and of course that both are strategy games.
Grisha

Post by Grisha »

Thanks, Das! Really enjoyed watching those videos. Very helpful as well. They were great.
Best regards,
Greg Guerrero
radwyn

Post by radwyn »

I just started playing and I watched all your videos they are a great introduction to DW. Thanks for your effort it has made the game much more enjoyable.[:)]
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

Glad to hear they are helping. :)
Mr_PeaCH

Post by Mr_PeaCH »

I have just gotten in to the game in the last couple of weeks myself (DW + two expansions 33% off sale) and even though these were from the first expansion they are are a great way for a newbie like myself to get their feet under them. You seem to cover all the essentials in an easy to understand and logical manner. Hats off, really first rate! Now I'm off to conquer the galaxy on my own.

P

Return to “After Action Reports”