Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

PKH

Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit

Post by PKH »

Just did a test, and it seems if you upgrade a unit where there is no upgrade 'path', you just lose the old unit, and have to pay the the full amount for the new.
If you however sell the unit first and buy the one you want to upgrade to, you will only have payed the difference.

IMO this should be automatic. If you upgrade where there is no upgrade 'path' the game should automatically sell the old, then deduct the cost for the new.
Justus2

RE: Disband + buy vs Upgrade Unit

Post by Justus2 »

But then you lose the XP of the old unit, if you upgrade (even at full price) the XP level of the old unit carries forward (unless I am mistaken).

EDIT: Actually I tried 'selling' a unit, I must be missing an option? I can disband a unit, but get no Prestige back from it. Is there another option to sell a unit back and actually get prestige?
Just when I get the hang of a game, I buy two more... :)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Justus2
EDIT: Actually I tried 'selling' a unit, I must be missing an option? I can disband a unit, but get no Prestige back from it. Is there another option to sell a unit back and actually get prestige?
You can earn prestige back, only when you're disbanding in the deployment phase.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I come to an end of a scenario and should I upgrade to a new unit or should I purchase the experience points?
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

That all depends how you play and if the unit is expendable.

Upgrading a unit will cost more prestige for replacements.

Return to “Panzer Corps”