LCU symbol

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

mikkey

LCU symbol

Post by mikkey »

I have two questions above LCU symbol. I play Guadalcanal campaign as US and I don't know what is the small red dot aside of Japan LCU symbol (between PM and Buna).
And also with LCU symbol. Is some difference between US/Japan light and dark LCU symbol?
Thanks.

Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Terminus

RE: LCU symbol

Post by Terminus »

The "dot" is a movement arrow.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

As Terminus said..and to avoid any confusion, it shows the direction unit is moving into, in this case east.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

.... and darker shades of color represent relatively stronger ground forces.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Thanks to all for reply!
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

ORIGINAL: USS America

.... and darker shades of color represent relatively stronger ground forces.
Ah of course. I kinda figured that is what the different shades meant. But just wasn't totally sure.
As always...You da man.[&o]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

I'm pretty sure there is FOW/deception involved with enemy dots, so better check them regularly to get a better picture.

Also if you're playing a human you can fool your opponent by giving move orders to your guys that will be shown to your opponent. Just make sure you reset the move before your unit actually leaves the hex.
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

I've NEVER heard of the shading meaning relative strength, I always thought it meant a different nationality.... when did the relative strength come about? What does the change actually say? Anyone know? Wow, you learn something new each and every day!
bk19@mweb.co.za

Post by bk19@mweb.co.za »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

I've NEVER heard of the shading meaning relative strength, I always thought it meant a different nationality.... when did the relative strength come about? What does the change actually say? Anyone know? Wow, you learn something new each and every day!

This has been in place since WITP for certain. Quite possibly in its predecessor as well, however, I have never owned that game so could be in error on this point.
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: bk19@mweb.co.za

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

This has been in place since WITP for certain. Quite possibly in its predecessor as well, however, I have never owned that game so could be in error on this point.

Yes, the shading has been in place since WITP. Don't know about the predecessor. I am the one who modified all of the the map unit icons - including the pointers. So.....if you have a good question, PM me.
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”