Confederate AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Gil R.

Ugly Guy

RE: Game On!

Post by Ugly Guy »

Battle of Kenawha: Start

Attachments
kenewahJul63start.jpg
kenewahJul63start.jpg (279.25 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Ugly Guy

Post by Ugly Guy »

Battle of Kenawha: End

Summary: Coward like, the Union soldiers fled back to their proverbial mommies in the face of our victorious Valley Corp soldiers. Casualties for the cause included only 251 soldiers, most of whom were injured as a result of running to catch up to the retreating Yankees. We did manage to captured 1187 Union troops and one brigade worth of Enfield rifles.

Attachments
kenewahJul63end.jpg
kenewahJul63end.jpg (339.45 KiB) Viewed 451 times
bugwar

Typo

Post by bugwar »

ORIGINAL: Ugly Guy

1. Gen. Walker will proceed with the attack into West Virginia.

Writing as a southern patriot, shouldn't that be 'Western Virginia'? [:-]
Ugly Guy

RE: Typo

Post by Ugly Guy »

See that is what happens when I jump out of character for so long. I think in previous posts it was always western Virginia.
Ugly Guy

Post by Ugly Guy »

Late July 1863 Strategy

1. I am going to move Gen. Walker south towards Nashville. If I can retake the capital, it will be a boon to the Confederacy.
2. Gen. Lee will continue to rest in Cincinnati.
3. Gen. Jackson is almost ready for another battle. It looks like the Union is moving in from above. The question is whether they try to capture Little Rock.
4. With the Union seiging the forts in Fredericksburg before moving on, I will continue to rest Gen. Weisiger in Richmond.
bugwar

Rational

Post by bugwar »

ORIGINAL: Ugly Guy

Late July 1863 Strategy

1. I am going to move Gen. Walker south towards Nashville. If I can retake the capital, it will be a boon to the Confederacy.
2. Gen. Lee will continue to rest in Cincinnati.
3. Gen. Jackson is almost ready for another battle. It looks like the Union is moving in from above. The question is whether they try to capture Little Rock.
4. With the Union seiging the forts in Fredericksburg before moving on, I will continue to rest Gen. Weisiger in Richmond.

Forgive my ignorance, but what size is Gen. Walker's force? More importantly, what size is the force likely to oppose him, if any?

Lee is resting because?

Thanks for keeping up the AAR, it is fun to read.

Ugly Guy

RE: Keepin' it going

Post by Ugly Guy »

Turn 42 (late July 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Jackson reports contact with the Union army in Vicksburg. Details to follow.
2. Gen. Walker has moved his army to the east of Nashville. He expects to be in range of the city within two weeks and seiging the city within the month.
3. Gen. Lee reports a Union army seiging Cincinnati.
4. Gen. Weisiger reports that Fort Beauregard in the vicinty of Fredericksburg has fallen into Union hands.
5. Gen. Price reports that he has gained control over 1/3 of Springfield. It is estimated that it may take into the fall ito complete the seige unless severe casualties are to be incurred.
6. ~10,100 newly trained recruits have joined our existing regiments.
7. The Army of Tennessee has improved two of its corps logistical ratings.
8. Gen. E.K. Smith has passed the worst of his injuries and is healing. It will not be long before he is able to join his army again,
9. Our raiders in Wheeling have relieved the local Union garrison of its reponsibility of watching over eight units of weapons.
10. Our raiders in Cairo have ambushed several wagon trains of weapons bound for Gen. Buell's army and this has contirbuted another eight units of weapons to our cause.

SecInt Report:
1. We have insufficient resources to build any new structures in the last half of the month.
2. A camp to muster new recruits has been completed in N. Georgia.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners off the Virginia coast have seized 30 units of weapons.
2. Blockade runners off the Florida coast have collected donations from European sympathizers in the amluint of 20 gold.

SecState Report:
1. The British had decreased their support for the Union caused.
2. Conversly, the French have slightly increased support for our cause.
Ugly Guy

Post by Ugly Guy »

Battle of Vicksburg: Start

Attachments
natchezJuly63start.jpg
natchezJuly63start.jpg (282.48 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Ugly Guy

Post by Ugly Guy »

Battle of Vicksburg: End

Summary: The Union hordes flooded down the Mississippi like spring time rains out of the snowcapped Yankee mountain ranges. Gen. Jackson deftly manuevered his forces to lure the reckless boys in blue into a trap. Using the swampy ground around the river to restrict the Union's advance, he was able to dig in and repulse the Federal's decisively. Casualties were heavy on both sides, due primarily to misinterpreted orders that left all of the Confederate artillery out of the fighting. Gen. Jackson, smelling the Federal defeat in the air, launched a broad-based counteroffensive which resulted in the destruction of a Union artillery battery and the capture of a Yankee cavalry brigade that was covering the cowardly retreat. Total casualties amount to 14,024 crying Yankees killed, wounded, and captured; and 9177 brave boys in butternut who made the ultimate sacrifice for independence. We also captured from the battlefield 3 brigades of Springfields, 1 brigade of Whitworths, 1 brigade of Minie rifles, 1 brigade of Lieges, and 1 brigade of the highly coveted Spencer repeaters.

Attachments
natchezJuly63end.jpg
natchezJuly63end.jpg (364.63 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Ugly Guy

RE: Rational

Post by Ugly Guy »

Walker has an army with him, it is probably around 15 brigades if I had to guess from memory. The opposition is minimal anywhere north of Buell's army in the Mississippi river. The only problem he will have is if Buell pulls back to defend Nashville. Lee is resting because he was shellacked a couple of months ago. Being so far in Union territory, his reovery has been slow. In hindsight, I should have pulled him down to Tennessee to R&R, but now he is blocked in by Union forces in Wheeling and Cincinnati.
Yo`Ho85984

RE: Rational

Post by Yo`Ho85984 »

Nice AAR keep it up!

Return to “After Action Reports”