CTD during replay

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: warshipbuilder, simovitch

nelmsm1

CTD during replay

Post by nelmsm1 »

In a PBEM game and the game routinely crashes to the desktop during the night when running Bomber Command missions. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?
kaleun

RE: CTD during replay

Post by kaleun »

Anyone?[8|]
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
harley

Post by harley »

attach a save and let me look at it.

on second thoughts... PM me a save and I'll look at it.
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
AFIntel

Post by AFIntel »

It happens to me as well.

Allied player "43 campaign. During replays, it runs the daylight missions fine. In the middle of the BC missions, the aircraft icons disappear entirely but the missions still run for a few more minutes (messages appear relating to bombing results, LW aircraft spotting bombers, etc). But then it crashes to desktop. I've run the first two turns and it occurred both times.

Eddie
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

It often happens during a busy turn (lots of action) which makes me think it might be a memory issue.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

kaleun, your assumption is right...
If i remember correctly (I don't play the game since 1 year or more), the replay buffer is limited to 2400 messages per turn.
So on a busy day (which could happens often if you react to mostly all of the incomming
raids or you self planning too much raids) the replay buffer exceeds this limit.
Seems like there were no functional ingame "playback buffer checking routine" to avoid this CTD.

For all, who have the same issues, you could send me the savegame, and I try to repair the savegame file..., if harley had too less time for that, of course!
Regards,
Creeper

btw, if you are interested in having a detailed combat report of your turn, you could send me your savegame, i send you back a excel-readable file for further investigations.
See here a pic of my old message reader.

edit: reduced the size of the picture

Attachments
Combat Messages.jpg
Combat Messages.jpg (534.29 KiB) Viewed 100 times
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Nice tool Creeper. It would be great to have a tool for turn analysis as WITPTracker or Combat Reporter for WitPAE.
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

ORIGINAL: mikkey

Nice tool Creeper. It would be great to have a tool for turn analysis as WITPTracker or Combat Reporter for WitPAE.

Thanks mikkey! Yeah, a turn analysis tool like witp tracker would be a dream...
could somebody code it, please? [:'(]

Return to “Tech Support”