Gift Card?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Toby42

Gift Card?

Post by Toby42 »

I was wondering if you can use a Visa Gift card for a purchase?
Tony
JudgeDredd

RE: Gift Card?

Post by JudgeDredd »

Why would you want to? You have cash, debit cards, credit cards, pre paid credit cards, paypal......why would you want to?

Sorry - joke...that kind of answer seems to be the norm round here lately [:'(]

In all seriousness I don't know - I don't see it listed on the stores acceptable methods of payment - though it might come under one of these...

Credit and Debit Cards
Local Bank Transfers
Electronic Checks / ACH
Wire Transfers
PayPal
Purchase Orders
Real Time Bank Transfers
Phone and Fax Orders
Direct Debit
Mail Orders
PayPal
Moneybookers
Alba gu' brath
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

I received four $50 Visa Gift cards as a gift and I was wondering if you could use them here? You're right, every form of payment is mentioned but that...
Tony
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Why would you want to? You have cash, debit cards, credit cards, pre paid credit cards, paypal......why would you want to?

Because you got one and you want to spend it here ?

It's not like he's asking for the possiblity to buy stamps with his CC, then use the stamps to buy a game here - i.e. set-up a convoluted procedure, where the same end result can be obtained much easier.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I've never heard of it but does it not just count as Visa?
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Yup - http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prep ... cards.html

Read the fine print because it might have to be activated first, and if you go over the total you cannot pay the balance with your normal CC etc.

With the Holidays coming up here's something related : I've got a wishlist on Amazon and on BGG - my wife knows she can steer people who want to buy me a present to one of those and let them pick me a present. I think it would make commercial sense if Slitherine/Matrix had such a system too - that or vouchers

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

It's not like he's asking for the possiblity to buy stamps with his CC, then use the stamps to buy a game here - i.e. set-up a convoluted procedure, where the same end result can be obtained much easier.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Billy is just busting me Eddy. All in jest!
Tony
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Yup - http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prep ... cards.html

Read the fine print because it might have to be activated first, and if you go over the total you cannot pay the balance with your normal CC etc.

With the Holidays coming up here's something related : I've got a wishlist on Amazon and on BGG - my wife knows she can steer people who want to buy me a present to one of those and let them pick me a present. I think it would make commercial sense if Slitherine/Matrix had such a system too - that or vouchers

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

I did go online and register them. I guess I'll have to back and read the fine print. That's almost like reading a game manual..
Tony
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Treale

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Billy is just busting me Eddy. All in jest!

I think he got a little annoyed with me because I responded like that to him in another thread. Force of habit in my case. I work in IT so I get a lot of odd questions where the easiest way forward is not to answer the question asked, but to inquire what the real intention is. Half the time it turns out there's another way to get to the desired result, with the remainder equally divided between RTFM, conceptual misunderstandings and features that aren't implemented (yet). Only that last one may warrant further action.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Yes you can, I have used one before with no problems.

You have to register it first before using it for online purchases. After that is works just like a Visa card and can be used anywhere that Visa is accepted.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
frozen

Post by frozen »

hey......
I join this forum and found it really interesting information. I love these posts becasue it contains very useful information. I must appreciate this community. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”