Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r9 updated 21 January 2012 (2nd part)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r1 updated 12 November (2nd part)

Post by Chris21wen »

I thought I understood air base administration. Either I don't or there's a bug.

Tabiteuea has currently got a base admin of 15 (see pic). USN AIRCENPAC is based at Tabiteuea and has a command rating of 5. To my mind this should result it a base admin of 11.

Arorae (5 a/b and 3 hex in range or the HQ) should be 10 and is 14, Funuafuti (3a/b and 13 hex out of range) should be 3 and is 7. No other air HQ is with range of either.

Going north Abemama (5 a/b and 4 hex range in range ) has the VIIUS BMB CMD base there and should be 10 but is 14. Tawaw and other base are also wrong.

Not sure when this happened but I think it's recent.

Attachments
Untitled1copy.jpg
Untitled1copy.jpg (196.41 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Chris21wen

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r1 updated 12 November (2nd part)

Post by Chris21wen »

Base admin save problem.
Attachments
wpae003.zip
(3.95 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Cavalry Corp

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 updated 10 July (2nd part)

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

A NF with no radar is treated as if it had 'some sort of radar' in order for it to get some "action".[;)]

Michael ,

OK thanks for the clarification - So all planes designated as "NF" in the data base when flying at night will have some advantage. Good, this means all NF are now important in the game and should be produced - thanks.

Cav
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

Has anyone had this issue with the Beta?

In PH, when I open the ship repair screen, changing the repair status of the ships is taking a long time. I would say that it takes > 20 seconds for each change to register after clicking on it. I'm only seeing this at Pearl (12/19/41 right now). I think was two updates ago since I've had this problem.

Other than that, it's been great.

Ed.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

On my PC when I open a page or aircraft it jumps to another , or another screen etc and you have to flip back. It gets quite annoying at times.

Is this known about? Does anyone else have this issue?

Cav
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Yes. a long time intermittent issue. Close and restart. Usually goes away.

PS: better with the beta's. I don't see it nearly as often as with the last officical patch. I think Michael has fixed some of the causes.
Pax
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

I have actually sugffered this as long as I can remember . Re starts etc do nothing.

I am on P6 awaiting next official upgrade with my opponnents

thanks for the help anyway.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Sorry to hear the beta's haven't helped you .... I know how frustrating it is ...
Pax
Iron Duke

Post by Iron Duke »

ORIGINAL: Mundy

In PH, when I open the ship repair screen, changing the repair status of the ships is taking a long time. I would say that it takes > 20 seconds for each change to register after clicking on it. I'm only seeing this at Pearl (12/19/41 right now). I think was two updates ago since I've had this problem.

Ed.

Yes . Just started using Beta patches and noticed the same issue .
"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Sorry to hear the beta's haven't helped you .... I know how frustrating it is ...

Always more important that the game is good...
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

I have actually sugffered this as long as I can remember . Re starts etc do nothing.

I am on P6 awaiting next official upgrade with my opponnents

thanks for the help anyway.

I've always found it slow and blamed my computer.

And I've got last beta running.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

Deleted. Thought there was a problem in search arcs but as I remember from previous discussions, the search arcs only go out to normal range and don't display to extended range.
Attachments
dauntlessarc.jpg
dauntlessarc.jpg (154.65 KiB) Viewed 180 times
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

byron13

Post by byron13 »

G'day!

1. Downloaded the latest upate. When I run it, I get a "can't find PW data" or something to that effect. Am I running the wrong folder or what?

2. I installed the update that was current 3 weeks to a month ago and started a new game. Also started using the cpu command in startup. From the moment I did this, the night turns suddenly started dragging. Any ideas?

3. Finally: what art, map, or game mods are a must have? Not interested in anything to difficult to install or uninstall, but if it improves gameplay, I'm interested.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Mundy

Ed.
The problem is that originally changing one ship didn't adjust the other repair times. Now, when changing a ship, the other repair times are adjusted. This is what is takes the time. The more ships in the base/port and needing repairs, the longer the time.
Michael
PaxMondo

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r2 updated 15 November (2nd part)

Post by PaxMondo »

[1108r2]
Fixed HQ not swapping with fragment when fully offloaded from ship [MEM]
Thanks for great support Michael!!!

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

The problem is that originally changing one ship didn't adjust the other repair times. Now, when changing a ship, the other repair times are adjusted. This is what is takes the time. The more ships in the base/port and needing repairs, the longer the time.

Thanks, Michael.

Yes, Pearl is a bit "busy" right now.

Ed-
Satansbraten

Post by Satansbraten »

Would like to report a possible bug in the LCU upgrade routine:

Situation in my game:
100th RAF Base Force has (0)x0 of 3"/20cwt AA guns and (0)x0 of 2pdr AA guns listed in its current active equipment.
My understanding is that the switch for upgrade options ("No Upgrade" / "Upgrade Allowed", which is active if Replacements are turned on for an unit) should prevent the upgrade of those items to 3.7" Mk II AA gun respectively 40mm Bofors AA gun even if pools for those are plentiful.
But this is not the case:
- Replacements turned on for the unit, everything else turned off (whole map)
- Switch set to "No upgrade" (directly in the unit screen)
- All of the mentioned AA guns have pools > 0
- 3.7" Mk II is set to stockpile, all others to no stockpile

Result is the unit changed to "(0)x0 3.7" Mk II AA gun" + "(0)x0 of 40mm Bofors AA gun". My aim was that the unit uses up the old equipment, and the newer guns are saved for use in other units. This behaviour seems to be more or less standard for (0)x0 items if the "Show TOE" button reveals a different set of items for their position in the list and pools for the new item are not zero. In the same turn the unit didn't change its "(0)x0 RR/Vickers A/C" to "(0)x0 Humber I" but took one RR/Vickers A/C from pool instead. I think the reason for this is that the Humber I pool is currently empty (playing in mid March,1942 so its already on the board but was used in other units).

A comparable case I tested is the 18th Chinese Base Force. In my game it lists the typical set of the older US AA guns at start (37mm Colt etc.), all (0)x0. I didn't allow replacements for that unit until all of the available US-made Chinese guns were distributed to other units. When looking at the TOE the 18th Chinese BF list a different set of AA guns, so it does an upgrade (my expectation: if allowed). Testing this showed that it does perform the upgrade despite an active "No Upgrade" switch (Replacements On). It uses a portion of available .303 AAMG(x2) from pool.

edit: Tested with q9b, so this may have been adressed?

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Satansbraten

Would like to report a possible bug in the LCU upgrade routine:

Situation in my game:
100th RAF Base Force has (0)x0 of 3"/20cwt AA guns and (0)x0 of 2pdr AA guns listed in its current active equipment.
My understanding is that the switch for upgrade options ("No Upgrade" / "Upgrade Allowed", which is active if Replacements are turned on for an unit) should prevent the upgrade of those items to 3.7" Mk II AA gun respectively 40mm Bofors AA gun even if pools for those are plentiful.
But this is not the case:
- Replacements turned on for the unit, everything else turned off (whole map)
- Switch set to "No upgrade" (directly in the unit screen)
- All of the mentioned AA guns have pools > 0
- 3.7" Mk II is set to stockpile, all others to no stockpile

Result is the unit changed to "(0)x0 3.7" Mk II AA gun" + "(0)x0 of 40mm Bofors AA gun". My aim was that the unit uses up the old equipment, and the newer guns are saved for use in other units. This behaviour seems to be more or less standard for (0)x0 items if the "Show TOE" button reveals a different set of items for their position in the list and pools for the new item are not zero. In the same turn the unit didn't change its "(0)x0 RR/Vickers A/C" to "(0)x0 Humber I" but took one RR/Vickers A/C from pool instead. I think the reason for this is that the Humber I pool is currently empty (playing in mid March,1942 so its already on the board but was used in other units).

A comparable case I tested is the 18th Chinese Base Force. In my game it lists the typical set of the older US AA guns at start (37mm Colt etc.), all (0)x0. I didn't allow replacements for that unit until all of the available US-made Chinese guns were distributed to other units. When looking at the TOE the 18th Chinese BF list a different set of AA guns, so it does an upgrade (my expectation: if allowed). Testing this showed that it does perform the upgrade despite an active "No Upgrade" switch (Replacements On). It uses a portion of available .303 AAMG(x2) from pool.

edit: Tested with q9b, so this may have been adressed?

Can you give me a save of that situation?
It may be that a 0 x 0 device will automatically get updated as it doesn't need any devices to eait on.
Michael
hades1001

Post by hades1001 »

I'm experiencing this problem too.

My USA Rifle squad in some engineer units upgrade to USA Rifle Squad 42 when I was stockpiling the USA Rifle squad 42 as well as let the unit take replacements but no upgrade. The original number of USA rifle squad in the unit is 0. It's just automatically upgrade to 42 squads, still 0 squad though.

As swift as wind;
As calm as wood;
Invasion like flames;
Defense like rocks.
Satansbraten

Post by Satansbraten »

Here's the save (remove .zip).
100th RAF BF is at Chittagong.
18th Chinese BF is at Chengtu.
To test you have to change the replacement/upgrade settings for these units (I'm currently testing two other units, see "All land units" list in game).

Some additional notes and observations:
- 3"/20cwt does not have the "+" marking in the unit equipment list (marker for "item has pool"?), but 15 items of that gun are actually in the pool.
- Filtering the pool for "Chinese" equipment left me with the impression that some "real" US AA guns are also shown (the older ones like 3", 37mm Colt, but it seems to be the pool from which US units will draw, jugded by high number of pool items). Question is, is this WAD like access for Chinese to the older US equipment?

edit: The interesting thing about the missing "+" marking for 3"/20cwt is that the 2pdr AA gun does have this marking.
Attachments
wpae012.pws.zip
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Tech Support”