German UoC Review

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

Vasquez

German UoC Review

Post by Vasquez »

mariovalleemtl

RE: German UoC Review

Post by mariovalleemtl »

1 dodo. One sleep, before I could play. ; "from the Cajun French "fais do do." Used generally in the New Orleans area."
Image Image Image
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

If spielumfang means amount of gameplay then 84% is huge. The game has is limited content but it is an initial release & there will be more to follow I expect. I particularly like the high marks for AI. This is a very favorable review. Should kick things off nicely.
Vasquez

Post by Vasquez »

Well here`s the google translation for that review. Hilarious as always but better than nothing ;)

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl ... and-REVIEW

tgb

Post by tgb »

Speaking as one of the beta testers, I can say this is one of the best war games of the year.  Much more user-friendly than WitE with an A.I. that can be brutal. Plus, individual scenarios can be completed in an hour or two.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I had not planned any more purchases this year and have resisted Panzer Korps and the Market Garden BA Expansion. However, I think I will be ordering this before xmas. The graphics put me off to be honest, but now I have read more about it, it sounds great.
A Sharif
wodin

Post by wodin »

"Do not ever lie in the desert and give the opponent an opportunity to make front again."

Excellent advice.

The famous quote by some german War guru with Von in their name no doubt is below.

"Emergency must be a battle just struck again."

What would have made this a definate purchase is if the actual city battle zoomed in focus to coy or battalion level....now then I'd have asked for this for Xmas.

Return to “Unity of Command Series”