Callistrid vs Kamil

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Callistrid

Callistrid vs Kamil

Post by Callistrid »

T03
NoFow, Non Random Weather, Locked HQ

My opponent start well! Bryansk, Kovel and Lvov pocket was created, and well secured. On the T01 I decide to retreat back to the river, and build a strong defense line, and focus on Leningrad-Moscow. What means I must give up ukraine.

Leningrad area:
The soviet forces try to focus on Leningrad. Reinforced with 12 strong div from Moscow, the eastern area must slow the axis forces with all cost, and build a strong line near the Luga River.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (848.81 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

RE: Callistrid vs Kamil (no Kamil)

Post by Callistrid »

T03

Moscow area

The second important front. The Western Front try too keep the river, slow the axis forces, but retreat, if the axis could encircle them. The Moscow defense zone try to build the fortified front around Vyazma, and refit the troops.

The AGC seems to be cautious, only one pz div was attacked on this turn, with 42 AVF casulties.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (538.47 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T03

Ukraine

Weak front, and several div was transfered to the Moscow front, so only the wise retreat could keep the army.
Since Leningrad and Moscow will be defended hardly, the industrial capacity must be evacuated to the urals, but several heavy industry will be captured by the axis forces.

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (384.1 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Thanks for this AAR, good to see the Red Army Fighting !! Watching closely to see how your forward defense ( or perhaps speed bump [8D]) works for the long run in AGN & AGC.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

If Kamil planned ahead hes should be able to fuel up his PZs turn 4 and strike turn 5 in the Leningrad area.

HQ build-ups turn 5 in center and he should have fueled up tanks turn 3 in south.

You look in good shape if Kamil gives you a few more turns to keep bring up troops hes going to have a tough time.

The better players fight forward in north and center all game. The south you only need to control until turn 7 then run like hell east. All your armament should be gone by then.

Pelton
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Nothing wrong with the pulling back strategy in the south.

If you have the troops, don't neglect that rail crossing of the Dnepr between Cherkassy and Dnepropetrovsk.

If you are going down the "checkerboard" route, then a pure checkerboard is a bit risky. If you can combine the checkerboard with linear defence where the terrain is helpful, then you will do well.
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T04
Leningrad area
before, and after my moves

The german troops had break the first, and the second defense line, and threat Pskov.
I gave up the city, and truly hope that my opponent will attack on the NW part of this front.
On this front my strategy is to force my enemy to start deliberate attack with his mot/pz troops, or he must wait the german infantry support.

The only worries if the german will try to break the lines on the east, and move leningrad on the back door.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (642.93 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

German attack on the center front :)
Sadly, his second attack was succesfull

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (277.63 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Before soviet T04 movement, and after

Moscow front

The situation on this area seems to be critical.
I belive my opponent build up his pz forces, the 9th and 4th german inf divisions had arrive, so next turn he will start a huge attack to encircle my troops, and break my lines.

What mean the T04 soviet strategy will determine the future of this front.
There is three option:

1. Remain in our positions, reinforce the current front line + build a second, and a third defense line, but sacrafice the Western front, and give 2-4 turn to build a strong fortification area around Moscow. If I choose this one, most of my troops will be eliminated.

2. Fall back to Bryansk, and Vyazma forest.
Dangerous option, because after the turn05 we will fight extremly close to Moscow, will full strenght german troops. Of course my troops will be also strong, and the hedgehog positions will slow the german pz forces. But I must defend the gates of Moscow, and the Turn 18 seems to be so far.

3. Checkerboard defense line, and sacrefice the Western front on this way. Reinforcement will build the defense line around Moscow.

Finaly, I've choosed the first option, and hope the best. So, I build a stong first line, but there is no second line... Will the panzers encircle my troops?

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (611.38 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T04 Ukraine

I tought the ukraine front will be critical, but it's seems the moscow will be.
On the turn 5 the german could cross the Dnyepr, and on the T06 broaden the breakthrough. So nothing critical yet.

Kamil keep his eyes on his mot/pz divisions, so I can't hit them, and I've start giving up the Kiev region.

Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (623.15 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

I need more than 7 turn, because there is Kharkov... that city need just 2 turn of rail, without heavy factories.
Right now the following factories must be evacuated:

Dnepropetrovszk 16 Arma - 1turn
Kharkov - 51 T34 - 1turn
20 Vehicle - 1 turn
15 Arma - 1 turn
Stalino 29 Arma - 2 turn
5 Vehicle
Zaporozhye+ Maalevka + kramatoskya + Gorolovka 13 Arma - 1 Turn
Rostov 15 Arma - 1 Turn

8+ Turn, and only the most important industry will be evacuated + never forget the troop rail.
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T05 Leningrad

The first line had been broken, but nothing serious. I belive Leningrad could be defended in these conditions.
However, the german reinforcement will be deployed here, so hard battle will occur.

I'm giving a "free" way on NW, hoping my opponent will attack there. My plan is to force the german troops on a frontal assault.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (682.5 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T05 Moscow

This front could be in a big problem, since, I'vd use the reinforcements to stop the german attack. The road to Moscow is blocked, but unfortified.

3 AGC panzers had been encircled, plus a succesfull counterattack create a small disturbing bulge west from Smolenks in the forest.
The Dnyepr line remain unharmed, but I must gave up Vitebsk.

The good question the german will cross the Dnyepr, or continue his attack on east, toward to Moscow.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (470.15 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T05 Ukraine

A succesfull counterattack route two german pz division. The german troops don't cross the Dnyepr line, and the path to Dnyepropetrovsk is well fortified. I've start to build a second, and a third line, so I'm not worry about this front.
Perhaps next turn I will :)

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (495.79 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T05 front overview

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 569 times
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Good job with defences.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T06 Leningrad

My most strongest front is Leningrad. The early reinforcements slow the germ,an attack, and now a strong line stand against the german. I belive 2 or maybe 3 turn need to break my first line, and in the maintime the second line will be build, plus start the third line.

However, the 18th turn seems to be fo far, so Leningrad could fall.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (767.29 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T06 Moscow

The german spearhead persistently marching toward to Moscow. From ukraine I transfered 7 strong division, plus I've start giving up the Dnyepr line. With these troops, I hope the germans could be slow.

Supporting the retreat, the soviets start bombing the german airbase (1 attack/airbase), force the german fighters to fight for the air superiority. After several massive fight the 1:3 odds seems to be acceptable for me.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (718.39 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T06 Ukraine

What should I say? -7 div to Moscow, weak troops, large front. Only the dnypr and the providence keeps it all together. If the german will cross the dnyep, well, Kharkow will be in a big trouble. And next turn the german will cross somewhere the river.

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (891.44 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Here is the T06 overview.

I don't know my casulties are high or not, or my opponents pz, and air looses seems to be average, or high/low...

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (304.69 KiB) Viewed 569 times

Return to “After Action Reports”