production site hq's

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

ghoward

production site hq's

Post by ghoward »

Has anyone ever tried a random game with the following voluntary constraint: each production center (except factories) must send all it's production to a dedicated headquarters co located with the production center (yes,which you have to buy). Factories could send their production to any of these dedicated hqs, but not directly to field hqs. The player could wire the production hqs into his command structure in any fashion he wishes, but at the top of the food chain is the only place that really makes sense to me. This would mean that the player would have plan, enable, and defend the routes by which men and some supplies travel from production to front (you could assign a major field hq to ONE of the production hqs and have supplies travel automatically from it to that field hq, but you would still have to move all the other stuff by hand). Might make an AI game more of a challenge. What do you think?
Grymme

RE: production site hq's

Post by Grymme »

Actually i believe there is a rulewar setting that allows you to implement this option in the game. Its called something like "hardcore logistics" and it forces exactly what you propose.

Unfortunatly i cannot find this option in the editor. I hope they didnt remove it in ATG.
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
budd

Post by budd »

Don't know if you've heard of the resource mod, it's not exactly as your description, but it does make it more difficult. Here a limited description from the scenario bank:

Description:
Resources do not accumulate unless they can trace a path back to your Capital. Current for ATG v2.08 Easy install via Install zip/File button on main ATG menu. Detailed explanation in ATG/Manual directory. Enjoy!

budd
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
ghoward

Post by ghoward »

Thanks Grymme, I had forgotton about that hardcore logistics stuff. I think there was something about it in the old manual so I will take a look. And yes, Budd, I played with both the resource mod and nato counters mods. I liked it, but I was playing a lot of "catch up" with the post release patches, so I decided to wait until about version 2.1 to build a library of mods.

I found hardcore logistics. It was an option on the settings page in version 1.2+ along with seasons, factories and some other things that have become normal features. I think the hardcore logistics option (which also changed the price and capacities of trucks and trains) is now gone.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”