Question about DLC victory conditions

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

hondo1375

Question about DLC victory conditions

Post by hondo1375 »

I really like this remake of Panzer General. Seems very slick and full of new features. The one thing I'm not enjoying, which is the same thing I didn't enjoy about PG, was the monotony of the victory conditions. Always a mad rush to capture cities statically defended ... it sometimes felt more like a puzzle game than a wargame.

So, I've seen reference to the DLC having varied scenario victory conditions. Could someone provide some specifics of what they are? Thanks!

P.S. Matrix, please remake Age of Rifles and Flight Commander 2 next!
First wargame: Jedko's 1st edition "The Russian Campaign". First computer wargame: don't remember the name, but it was on punch cards.
KerenskyLI

RE: Question about DLC victory conditions

Post by KerenskyLI »

I would say you're in luck.  One of the most prominent changes of the DLC campaigns, present and future, is the inclusion of more diverse mission objections.

Just looking at Grand Campaign 1939 we have...

Crippling the Polish Air Force by capturing airfields.
Controlling the Vistula River by seizing bridges and rail crossings.
Rescuing and protecting 10th Army Panzers from an ambush.
Destroying enemy supply train convoys.
Saving the Blucher from the guns of the Oscarborg fortress.

And that's just for starters.  :D

1940 has even more tasks, such as Capturing A French General, destroying a number of forts of the Maginot Line, or preventing the evacuation at Dunkirk by neutralizing evacuation transports.
hondo1375

RE: Question about DLC victory conditions

Post by hondo1375 »

Thanks for the reply. Do the battles feel different to plan and play compared to the original Grand Campaign with these different objectives? I'd expect they would, but I'd like to check before I buy ... I want to love this game, as it clearly is a good product, but I've decided to abandon my current Grand Campaign at the Barbarossa set up stage for the reasons I gave above, and I'm hoping the DLC will provide the dynamic game play I'm looking for.
First wargame: Jedko's 1st edition "The Russian Campaign". First computer wargame: don't remember the name, but it was on punch cards.

Return to “Panzer Corps”