Not sure about DLC's

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Texican

Not sure about DLC's

Post by Texican »

First, I do not agree with the path design is taking on this game.

I think (taking from my recent experience with the '39 campaign), this is too many scenarios. And having them separate from the main game means the DLC campaigns end in 1940. PERIOD. Take into account the rate of experience gain, you should also have 4 and 5 star units be the end of 1940, which is a bit much.

I would much prefer extra scenarios and scenario paths included within the original campaign. Maybe poland is 2 or 3 scenarios (max). Also, I think the experience rate should be adjusted to a lower pace when adding in more scenarios.

Will be disappointed if the Afrika Korps expansion is stand alone like these first two Grand Campaigns. The '39 one felt overlong and monotonous, and I will not bother with the '40 one, even though I purchased it.

There would be nothing wrong with taking the original Panzer Corps campaign and just beefing it up slightly. So far, original PG still feels much more epic and alive than this game.

(Side note: Please get some gloss into the graphics. They look as dry and drab as a 1970's SPI game map and chit counters.)
VPaulus

RE: Not sure about DLC's

Post by VPaulus »

There will be 41, 42, 43 ,44 and 45 scenarios.
41 is already in beta testing.
It will end in 40 if you don't want more DLCs.
Besides these DLC scenarios are not balanced to be incorporated into PC main campaign.
They are balanced for the Grand Campaign DLC(39 to 45).
Texican

Post by Texican »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

There will be 41, 42, 43 ,44 and 45 scenarios.
41 is already in beta testing.
It will end in 40 if you don't want more DLCs.
Besides these DLC scenarios are not balanced to be incorporated into PC main campaign.
They are balanced for the Grand Campaign DLC(39 to 45).

I'm thinking the original Panzer Corps seems too sparse in regard to scenarios and options, while the Grand Campaign seems too much. But that's my take.

I do hope the African Campaign will work with the original game; that will be a plus to me.
Jestre

Post by Jestre »

I kind of agree with Texican, I would rather see the original game beefed up with more scenario's and options to play purely historical paths.
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

If the current campaign is too small, and the complete DLC pack is too big...  No problem!

You can grab only say... 39 and 40.  Link the two together, you get 28 scenarios in your campaign.

Or grab 42 43 44, when they're ready.  Link these three together, you get a 40 scenario campaign.

Each DLC is a starting point, you dont have to buy them all or have start at 39.

Sorta like how Barbarossa in the base campaign is a starting point.  This is how DLC 1941 will work.
Texican

Post by Texican »

ORIGINAL: KerenskyLI

If the current campaign is too small, and the complete DLC pack is too big...  No problem!

You can grab only say... 39 and 40.  Link the two together, you get 28 scenarios in your campaign.

Or grab 42 43 44, when they're ready.  Link these three together, you get a 40 scenario campaign.

Each DLC is a starting point, you dont have to buy them all or have start at 39.

Sorta like how Barbarossa in the base campaign is a starting point.  This is how DLC 1941 will work.

I thought you could not continue from the DLC's into the regular campaign with your cadre of units.
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

Well by default, the DLC campaigns and the current campaign are separate entities.
If someone were so included though, sure you could 'mod' them to link together if you really wanted to.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Experience is capped at 225 points and rate of gain is slower.

You can not get 4 or 5 stars
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

You can't keep reloading your units with experienced recruits because you run out of prestige and can't replace lost units that the darn AI kills!! So this isn't going to be a large issue.

You still have the original game, you don't need the DLC's if you don't want them. Plus, there will be a DLC for 39,40,41,42,43,44 and 45. So when they are done programming, you will have a Grand Campaign because they all attach together to cover the entire war. Plus, they only cost 5 dollars each(35 total) if you aren't a glutton like me who wants the box! (105 total)

I like em.

Return to “Panzer Corps”