First Panzer Corps DLC Released!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

SeanD

First Panzer Corps DLC Released!

Post by SeanD »

Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ’40 are now available to enhance your Panzer Corps library

Slitherine, Matrix Games, and The Lordz Games Studio are thrilled to announce the release of two DLC packs for their hailed strategy game, Panzer Corps! Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ’40 add many new scenarios to the already rich and epic Panzer Corps campaign plus a variety of unique new missions that involve new objective types like capturing a French general.

Grand Campaign ’39 and Grand Campaign ‘40 also include the new ability to carry your core army through different campaigns. So you can now bring an army from the humble beginning of light tanks and raw recruits to a formidable behemoth of Tigers and veteran shock troops!

About Panzer Corps Grand Campaign Packs

Grand Campaign ‘39
September 1st, 1939.

Germany launches its military invasion of Poland, igniting World War 2. Take command of the Blitzkrieg’s spearhead as you battle your way to the heart of the Polish nation, the Capitol of Warsaw, and beyond. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as protecting vital units, destroying enemy supply trains, and securing vital bridges, and the capacity to save your core force file for use in future campaigns!

The Grand Campaign’s are a series of expansions for Panzer Corps and require Panzer Corps. Each campaign can be started with the core force from the previous Grand Campaign, so you can continue Grand Campaign ’40 with your core force that completed Grand Campaign ’39. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force and play each campaign on its own, or jump in to the Grand Campaign at any year. This expansion starts your core from the very beginning of the war, allowing you maximum flexibility to choose and shape the forces that you will take through the next 6 years. The full Grand Campaign from 1939-1945 will have around 70 scenarios!

Scenario List:
Poznan, Danzig Corridor South, Danzig Corridor North, Lodz, Piatek, Wyszogrod, Kampinoska, Forest, Modlin, Warsaw South, Warsaw North, Spoils of War, Oslo, Lillehammer, Narvik

Grand Campaign ‘40
May 10th, 1940.

The Maginot Line, shield of France and the battleship on land, was supposed to be impenetrable, but the Germans have a secret and daring plan aimed to topple their old enemy! Import your experienced troops from the first campaign, or start with a pre-generated brand new core and lead your forces to victory. This DLC features 14 all new scenarios, recreating historical battles such as the epic of Eben-Emael and the tank battles of Arras and Stonne, improved artificial intelligence scripting, new campaign features, unique objectives such as capturing a French General and forcing the Dunkirk pocket to surrender, and the capacity to save your core force for use in future campaigns!

Scenario List:
Eben-Emael, Albert Canal, The Hague, Sedan, Maubeuge, Arras, Calais, Stonne, Wassigny, Amiens, Dunkirk, Reims, Dijon, Maginot Line

Get more information on Panzer Corps from its official on the Slitherine site or on the Matrix Games site.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Dumnorix

RE: First Panzer Corps DLC Released!

Post by Dumnorix »

I dont like fantasy campaigns like this - no german corps or division take this way of your scenarios - also I take a look at your first screens - and another time you produce very small maps.

I dont like to play this product.

H.Balck
gids

Post by gids »

need to look like it as chess,otherwise WitE will be more for you :)
FB jacky heusequin
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Please explain? The new DLCs are they 14 game campaigns or do they add to the existing scenarios in the original game. EG if you buy both DLCs it adds 28 scenarios to be main campaign yes or no?
Formerly Goodwood

KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

They add existing scenarios to each other, not the main campaign.

The current campaign exists as a separate entity.
Each DLC campaign also exists as it's own campaign.

However each DLC campaign can be linked to the other DLC campaigns to form 14, 28, and in the future, 40, 50, 60, and even up to 100 scenario campaigns.
DLC 1940 begins right where DLC 1939 ends, so if you have both, your campaign continues directly as if DLC 1939 and DLC 1940 were the same campaign.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Hmmm this appears to be cagey double dipping. Effectively gamers are buying a new grand campaign except in installments.

Edit I have just read some posts I haven't read before, I will delete the second half of my original post. For 30 bucks a much larger campaign than the first release of PC sounds ok, but the original PG campaign had 60 or 70 scenarios in its original release. Perhaps gamers were short changed in the initial PC release. Yes for the record I have bought the new 39 campaign.
Formerly Goodwood

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just to clarify, Panzer General has about 20-30 scenarios with the maximum length about 20, which is roughly the same as Panzer Corps. Panzer Corps Grand campaign will have 70-100 with a max length about 70.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

To be precise - Panzer General has 38 campaign scenarios and Panzer Corps has 26 campaign scenarios.
Remember, having fun and keeping to the spirit of the game is more important than winning at any cost.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

Panzer General v. Panzer Corps.....when are people going to give up the ghost of the past and move on?....it's old apples and new oranges at this point.....[8|]
HansHafen

Post by HansHafen »

I like them both. I don't want to move on! :)

Hehehehe...

I am also musically stuck inthe 80's!

Wake me up before you gogo!
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Great news! Just bought both DLC's pack. The weekend can come.
This DLC campaign fit much more my taste than the original PG or PC campaign. I always liked Panzer General but never this fantasy stuff with conquering continental America. I prefer to replay historic course of WWII instead. Actually I'm looking forward to make my last stand at Berlin. I'm certainly going down but I ain't selling cheap. [;)]

BTW great feature that you can carryover your core forces from one DLC campaign to the next. After units gain leaders and decoration they start to grow on you. It's nice to see them progress over the course of the war and not to have start over. Can't imagine how hard it must be to balance all the different core force compositions.

At the store the grand campaign '41 is already promoted including with a scenario list
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/419 ... aign.%2741

Any est. ETA? (EDIT: Nevermind I just read in an other thread it's planed in a month)
Will we see some combined action with the Finnish army and what about the siege of Sevastopol? Will it be included and if as a single scenario in 1942 or as several including one in '41? Hope to see the German heavy siege guns again there.[/link]
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

The DLC campaign currently and will continue to follow only historical paths.  They do offer some fictional battles (possibility to skirmish with Russians in 1939, possibility to attack Dunkirk) but these fictional scenarios are entirely optional and players who prefer purely historic paths can opt out of them.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Dragoon

Will we see some combined action with the Finnish army and what about the siege of Sevastopol?
That would be nice. I would like to see the Finnish army in action.
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Dragoon

Great news! Just bought both DLC's pack. The weekend can come.
This DLC campaign fit much more my taste than the original PG or PC campaign. I always liked Panzer General but never this fantasy stuff with conquering continental America. I prefer to replay historic course of WWII instead. Actually I'm looking forward to make my last stand at Berlin. I'm certainly going down but I ain't selling cheap. [;)]

BTW great feature that you can carryover your core forces from one DLC campaign to the next. After units gain leaders and decoration they start to grow on you. It's nice to see them progress over the course of the war and not to have start over. Can't imagine how hard it must be to balance all the different core force compositions.

At the store the grand campaign '41 is already promoted including with a scenario list
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/419 ... aign.%2741

Any est. ETA? (EDIT: Nevermind I just read in an other thread it's planed in a month)
Will we see some combined action with the Finnish army and what about the siege of Sevastopol? Will it be included and if as a single scenario in 1942 or as several including one in '41? Hope to see the German heavy siege guns again there.[/link]

I prefer the original (PG) campaign structure. Don't get me wrong, the new one is pretty good but twice so far I reverted to playing the original PG. So far I only bought the 1st DLC and do enjoy it but while I wasnt exactly thrilled by the whole takeover of America I do prefer the large sweeping battles and maps(especially the Balkan map) . Maybe it will grow on me.
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I haven't moved far enough into the DLC's yet but will there be auxilliary units available for some larger campaigns or will it be structured for core units only?
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

I was just checking out the Panzer General page on Wikipedia and I thought shouldn't there be one for Panzer Corps too?
Maybe also add a notice on the Panzer General page for PC. After all PC is brainchild of PG.
English is not my native language, otherwise I would do it myself, but I could do a Portuguese(Brazilian) translation later.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Why not helping in translating the game to Portuguese?
I've already translated the manual. At this moment I cannot translate more, lack of time. I'm sure with the Portuguese language agreement (Acordo Ortográfico) we can understand each other. [;)]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Panzer Corps”