Just Purchased

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

vincere

Just Purchased

Post by vincere »

Don't know how I missed this one. Downloading now. The battles and that I heard that the AI is very good and hot seat play swung it.
vincere

RE: Just Purchased

Post by vincere »

Ok, my early impressions, old news to you guys:

Took more getting used to than most. Much of the curve is depth to the strategy which is great. Some of it is UI related and odd game mechanices.
At first I did not like how the order of command is chosen for us in detailed battle; but have got used to it. Probably woudl prefer just clicking on units though.

Artillary have been like a super weapon for me. Napolionics is not my strong knowledge area so not complaining, just noticing.

I downloaded the game and installed a patch which ended in R. Is this a beta pacth because the game is a little unstable, which I find surprising given it's Emperor edition?

Doh- missed the biggest impressions:
Much depth and fun to be had if it can stay stable enough. Has left me wondering whether the team are working on anything else...

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”