What's the best a spy can be?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Jeeves

What's the best a spy can be?

Post by Jeeves »

I have been training spies by sabotaging construction at the bugs' spaceports. The have gone from 106 to 180s in a couple of years. There is no end in sight, or is there?

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Malevolence

RE: What's the best a spy can be?

Post by Malevolence »

there is an end in sight. [:D]
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Data

Post by Data »

400 iirc
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

James Bond
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Data

Post by Data »

"I have been training James Bond by sabotaging construction at the bugs' spaceports. He has gone from 106 to 180s in a couple of years" [:)]
Bond on bugs...
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I am not much when it comes to sneaky sabotage. I am very good at stealing the territory map of some somewhat hostile race over and over again, though.
Data

Post by Data »

That is more than enough for our purposes anyway [:)]
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

I have been training spies by sabotaging construction at the bugs' spaceports. The have gone from 106 to 180s in a couple of years. There is no end in sight, or is there?

Yes Jeeves, as far as with ROTS, 400 experience points is the max cap for Intelligence Agents.
(Although this changes in Legends)
Usually, if you have an agent that reaches that plateau, they have the greatest chance to become
proficient and successful at any mission. Especially Deep Cover and Sabotage missions. In the
upcoming Legends expansion, add assassination greatly to the mix as well as a specialized trait
system for each agent! Images of Agent Salt (Played by Angelina Jolie in the movie Salt) are
dancing in my head already! [:D]

Sneaks back to testing lab after seeing Igard's Cargo Bay is still empty!
Attachments
spy insignia3.jpg
spy insignia3.jpg (4.39 KiB) Viewed 174 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Data

Post by Data »

Although this changes in Legends

I see what you did there [:)]
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks for the information everybody! I noticed in my latest tech trading spreadsheet that the Ketarovs, whom I met very early in the game, seem to have acquired some techs which were available to sell to them earlier, which nobody else knows, and which I did not sell to them. Blasted Ketarov spies!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

There's a race (forgot name) with +50% spy strength, does that mean they start stronger?
Their maximum agent skill might be capped at 400, but does that bonus come after the skill, if so it would be nice.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

I know Human Agents start at 115 Skill.
Data

Post by Data »

No, the bonus doesn't come after the cap. 400 is the hard limit iirc.
MadMcAl

Post by MadMcAl »

The cap is absolute.

But that the Ketarov steal your research... well... they are the species with the 50%-spy bonus.

Their agents start at 150.
They still stop at 400, but still, they have what all other races would consider experienced spies fresh from the academy.

If you play Human or Haakonish you may have a chance to defend your secrets (these are the other 2 races that have a spy bonus) but it will be hard.

Best set your spy recruiting on automatic and set it so that at least 30% of your agents are used for protection.

In my experience that means that normally 100% are defending if you don't give them something better to do.

And defending brings up the skill too. But only if somebody tries to steal your secrets...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Return to “The War Room”