Attack & Defense Modifications by Terrain

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

torrone

Attack & Defense Modifications by Terrain

Post by torrone »

I have looked everywhere I can think of, but I have not been able to find a chart for modifications on attack or defense based on terrain. For example, I have unit in the mountains attacking a unit in clear terrain. What is my attack bonus? What is a tanks defensive bonus in Forest vs an air unit? Is there a chart anywhere for this sort of thing, or do you just have to use feel, experience, and common sense?
DownriverRick

RE: Attack & Defense Modifications by Terrain

Post by DownriverRick »

Terrain information is in the Library (along with a lot more good info).
torrone

Post by torrone »

I know the terrain info is there, but that's just for movement. I'm looking for terrain attack/defense modifiers.
ORIGINAL: DownriverRick

DownriverRick

Post by DownriverRick »

ORIGINAL: torrone

I know the terrain info is there, but that's just for movement. I'm looking for terrain attack/defense modifiers.
ORIGINAL: DownriverRick

Actually not. The three ratings on the Terrain page are Special Properties, Base Entrenchment and Initiative Cap. All three deal with combat, not movement.
torrone

Post by torrone »

I was looking at the Movement chart. Don't know why I didn't notice the Terrain chart. That chart does give a better idea of how units will perform in different terrains. It's not the type of chart you used to see in tabletop games(D+2 in Forest, and so on), but it does provide info as to how units will attack/defend in different terrain/weather conditions. Thanks for the help.

Return to “The War Room”