A question for game developers.

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

hades1001

A question for game developers.

Post by hades1001 »

Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibility of making my own MOD. And I would to make all the Japanese units named in Japanese. How hard it would be to make the game support double byte characters? Would it be possible in the future patches?

Thank your for reading this. Hail to the developers for such a good game!

As swift as wind;
As calm as wood;
Invasion like flames;
Defense like rocks.
wdolson

RE: A question for game developers.

Post by wdolson »

That really isn't going to be possible.  To support Unicode or one of the other multiple byte character formats, the program pretty much needs to be designed from the ground up to deal with this. 

I've investigated this in my "day job" with an old set of programs that were written with the ASCII character set.  It pretty much required starting over.

So sorry, I don't think it's going to happen.  We do have the capability to add extra graphics to many unit screens.  An effort has been under way to create the unit emblems for Allied ground and air units to go on the air and ground unit screen.  You could come up with graphics for all the Japanese units with the Japanese characters for the unit name.  The text will all be in Latin characters, but there will then be a graphic with the Japanese name too.

That's my best suggestion.  The good news about that is the code to handle it is already there.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
championzhao

RE: A question for game developers.

Post by championzhao »

Well, Try to do EXE some minor changes ,AE maybe support multiple byte.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 99 times
The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums.

Return to “Tech Support”