Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r9 updated 21 January 2012 (2nd part)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DmitryZ

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108q9 updated 24 October (2nd part)

Post by DmitryZ »

We have reinstalled the game, patch 1106 and Beta 1108q8 after that happenes first time. And we are using the same EXE.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

witpqs,

No, I've been unclear. Here's the situation.

Reserve Pool: 50 pilots.
5 airgroups each needing 10 pilots.

Logically the draw 10 button would draw 10 pilots into each airgroup and I'd be left with none in the pools.

What is actually happening is as follows:
Airgroup 1: I hit "Draw 10 pilots" from the pools and 10 pilots are drawn into the GROUP RESERVE. Let's say 3 have a Delay of 1 the other 7 have Delays of +1

Airgroup 2: I hit the "Draw 10 pilots" from the pools button and I'm expecting to draw the 11th to 20th best pilots in the RESERVE POOL. Instead what happens is that I draw some of the 7 who were already drawn into Airgroup 1 plus whatever number is needed to make up the number 10. So, let's say 3 from Airgroup 1 who have a Delay of +1 and 7 more from the reserve pool.

Instead of pulling 20 pilots from the RESERVE POOL I have only drawn 17 and instead of having 10 pilots each waiting to join airgroup 1 and 2 I have 10 pilots waiting to join airgroup 2 but only 7 waiting to join airgroup 1.

If you repeat this for multiple airgroups you end up with Airgroup 1 losing all the pilots with a Delay of +1 and only use about 50% of the pilots in the RESERVE POOL that you would be expecting to use.

A simple fix would be to remove the pilots from the RESERVE POOL once they are drawn into the GROUP RESERVE. That way they couldn't be pulled from the reserve pool into another group inadvertently.

Or am I missing something? I can't believe this is WAD.

What beta are you using?
I see it doing the correct thing in Q9 as the pilots from the group #1 release don't show in the RESERVE list when I call it up for group #2. They WOULD still be in the GROUP pool though.
What you are describing would be true if the pool being drawn from in group #2 was the "Show pool: Group" rather than the "Show pool: Reserve".
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

We have reinstalled the game, patch 1106 and Beta 1108q8 after that happenes first time. And we are using the same EXE.
Okay, then can you attach the combat replay save and the final Allied turn sent to create the combat save.
Michael
michaelm75au

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108q9a updated 25 October

Post by michaelm75au »

Quick fix to issues
[1108q9a]
Tweak Show group returning info even if withdrawal OFF [MEM]
Fixed Fatigue on groups at range 0 - error exposed in 1108q9 [MEM]
Fixed Railway move of groups at heavily damaged AFs not always working [MEM]

Michael
DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

Of course. Thank you, Michael. I've rename files from pws to txt-extention and wpae001.txt is combat-save, wpae175.txt is a last Alliens turn.
Attachments
wpae001.txt
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

Sorry, uploading is rather slow
Attachments
wpae175.txt
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
dbmsts

Post by dbmsts »

I'm still seeing OOBs in the locations' LCU list for each nationality, for example, Manila has all phillipine OOBs displayed in the LCU list along with the actual LCUs. Is this part of the patch or a bug?
dbmsts

Post by dbmsts »

sorry this was meant to be a reply to michealm

I'm still seeing OOBs in the locations' LCU list for each nationality in the editor, for example, Manila has all phillipine OOBs displayed in the LCU list along with the actual LCUs. Is this part of the patch or a bug?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: dbmsts

sorry this was meant to be a reply to michealm

I'm still seeing OOBs in the locations' LCU list for each nationality in the editor, for example, Manila has all phillipine OOBs displayed in the LCU list along with the actual LCUs. Is this part of the patch or a bug?
Are you talking about the Editor?

If so, nothing has been done with the Editor since Jan 2010 from memory.

Just guessing, it might be showing the OOBs in the national home base.
Michael
rader

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 updated 10 July (2nd part)

Post by rader »

Wait, are you saying that players shouldn't be overfilling groups? Is there any intention to allow these functions to overfill? (Didn't understand the response...)

Andrew
ORIGINAL: michaelm

ORIGINAL: rader

I think there might be a problem with the function to draw 5/10 pilots into a group... it won't let me overfill my groups using this function, even to 125 or 133% (whatever the allowable overfill is).
When I first introduced the extra draw buttons, it does not overfill groups as that is not its intended (ab)use.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Wait, are you saying that players shouldn't be overfilling groups? Is there any intention to allow these functions to overfill? (Didn't understand the response...)

Andrew

I think there might be a problem with the function to draw 5/10 pilots into a group... it won't let me overfill my groups using this function, even to 125 or 133% (whatever the allowable overfill is).
When I first introduced the extra draw buttons, it does not overfill groups as that is not its intended (ab)use.
I won't be changing them to overfill if it currently isn't.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Is anyone else experiencing sync issues with the last beta 1108q8/a or q9/a ??
Michael
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

[1108q9]
Changed Location of Show TOE button on LCU screen [MEM]
Added Option to stop upgrades in LCU [MEM]
Tweak Made new stacking levels from pwhex override the default island stack size if present [MEM]
Tweak Enabled lcu on ship to be seen on prev/next from army list [MEM]
Tweak Allow prev/next on lcus on ships in a tf hex [MEM]
Fixed Repair of Air Hq devices with Replacements denied [MEM]
Fixed LCU replacements could cause 'free' upgrade sometimes [MEM]
Tweak Added monsoon effect to aircraft support affecting AF (0-4) service level [MEM]
Fixed Low level altitude penalty using wrong altitude [MEM]
Fixed Defender pilot not always getting fatigue from high altitude penalty [MEM]
Tweak Independent group co-ordination failing [MEM]

Michael, do you plan a hot key to display the actual stacking limit of each hex?

No. The limits are visible on the lcu list screen and the base screen.

Just had a thought that it probably wont be visible if the LCU is in a non-base screen. Unless the LCU list is shown.

Doing hotkey scans of the map seems to stretching the performance of this code at this time.

Understood. As an alternative, could the stacking limit for the currently selected hex be displayed somewhere on the screen? That would only be 1 hex at a time but would meet the need of a player who had to check on a hex (which I anticipate to be needed reasonably often until/unless people become very familiar with the limits in any given area of combat).
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Just downloaded & installed 1108q9a & I noticed that land units have disappeared from the screen ????

Attachments
ground.jpg
ground.jpg (144.04 KiB) Viewed 74 times
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Not sure but maybe a nevermind. I click on the land unit icon at the base & then it shows for that base so it must be some kind of refresh kind of thing due to patch install. I'll play a turn to see if it returns to normal as I'd hate to have to click on the troop icon for every base to get them to show up.

Ok I played a turn but it resets back to not showing the land units unless I click on the base itself or land unit icon. If I just go through the bases using the next base button they won't show & it'll just reset the next turn. Is there some switch that happened from 1108q8a to 9q that changed this?
medicff

Post by medicff »

Is anyone else experiencing sync issues with the last beta 1108q8/a or q9/a ??

Not with q8a for me
medicff

Post by medicff »

Hi Michael,

I thought this was addressed way back in a previous update.

But..

On the industry screen when I attempt to expand the Kate factory in scenario 1 which starts at 0 production, it does not give a button to expand. However, if you go the the base factory you can expand to a starting production of two, then go back to the industry screen where the expansion now works normally.

So when a factory is at zero you cannot start expansion in the industry screen.

Thanks for all your effort, it is awesome.

Pat
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Not sure but maybe a nevermind. I click on the land unit icon at the base & then it shows for that base so it must be some kind of refresh kind of thing due to patch install. I'll play a turn to see if it returns to normal as I'd hate to have to click on the troop icon for every base to get them to show up.

Ok I played a turn but it resets back to not showing the land units unless I click on the base itself or land unit icon. If I just go through the bases using the next base button they won't show & it'll just reset the next turn. Is there some switch that happened from 1108q8a to 9q that changed this?
Nothing changed.
But you're right that they have vanished from the bottom panel. Ummmm.. what didn't I change???[&:]

Fault lies with the code to handle next/prev buttons on LCU screens being filtered by lists.
Was treating a base like a TF. Removed the base check and the LCUs come back. Plus the pre/next buttons still work.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: medicff

Hi Michael,

I thought this was addressed way back in a previous update.

But..

On the industry screen when I attempt to expand the Kate factory in scenario 1 which starts at 0 production, it does not give a button to expand. However, if you go the the base factory you can expand to a starting production of two, then go back to the industry screen where the expansion now works normally.

So when a factory is at zero you cannot start expansion in the industry screen.

Thanks for all your effort, it is awesome.

Pat
I thought I had done that, too[&:]
Michael
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Nothing changed.
But you're right that they have vanished from the bottom panel. Ummmm.. what didn't I change???[&:]

Fault lies with the code to handle next/prev buttons on LCU screens being filtered by lists.
Was treating a base like a TF. Removed the base check and the LCUs come back. Plus the pre/next buttons still work.

Thanks Michael, all is right w/ the AE world for now [:'(]

Return to “Tech Support”