waw update

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

RufusTFirefly

RE: waw update

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hi,

great, that you rework WaW. [&o]

The missing air stack penalty spoils the whole game as well as the possibility to build lots of factories. I was really enoyed by a mass of factories my opponent has built and the need to produce hundreds of fighters to avoid being bombed out of the game by hugh fleets of enemy fighters and bombers.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly

Hi,

great, that you rework WaW. [&o]

The missing air stack penalty spoils the whole game as well as the possibility to build lots of factories. I was really enoyed by a mass of factories my opponent has built and the need to produce hundreds of fighters to avoid being bombed out of the game by hugh fleets of enemy fighters and bombers.

Yea the air and arty stack stuff was pissing me off. And i've added in level 1 - 4 factories so you don't just get uber boosts to prod right away.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

I think i'd map this cargo ship issue as more of a bug that Vic should fix. It would be hard to fix this and it would require me to make the naval air heavier then a cargoship can carry but that would cause every other weight in the game to be out of wack.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

great to hear that you make one of the most interesting scenario's available better. what's the timeframe for this? is it planned to release stable versions and then implement more stuff? or do plan to integrate all possible and release it later?
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

i think i found a bug: once vichy is created and once italy comes into play it is possible to occupy vichy citie's without playing the conquer vichy card. germany can do this too.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

@keunert i've been putting the updated scen on the ATG site http://advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=166&tpage=0&tplayer=0&ttag=2&tai=0&tdeleted=0&tengine=0

Oh i'll look for that other bug now thanks! I haven't put the latest stuff up i'm trying to finish testing the basics of econ and make sure it seems decent. I know there will probably be issues with it that only a lohng game will discover but doing a little basic play testing should help.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

I just uploaded 2.1.22. It's too big for the at website so here is it. http://williamwheatley.com/billfiles/games/atg/scenarios/waw/Waw_atg_v2.1.22.atzip

I'll update the wiki now and get it updated there as well.

ChangeLog

v2.1.22
    Working on the Economy system values assigned to city types
Manpower used to calculate start manpower for a nation
    [ul]Town - 50Village - 25City - 100Capital - 200Major Capital - 400Colonial City - 100
Lowered supply usage of partisan unitsAdded in the 1939 populations to all regimes in regimeslot #cut research centers down to only 500 prodpts from 1000removing carrying capacity from carriers but kept their aircapacityChanged cost of speers reorg to 1000PP before 1943 (then drops to 250)Made factories from level 1 to level 4gave germany a DoW on china card when japan is at war with chinaadded a pull up new draft class card..it will -5 morale everytime it’s used and be an additional 500PP every time you call it earlycreating a coastal defense unit which is static and can only be built once level 3 guns (1942/1943) have been researched. It is an expensive unit but is deadly defending against an enemy naval bombardment or air attack. Made TD’s half as effective in defense against tanks. With the way it was before there was no reason to both building Heavy Tanks.Engineers and worker battalions should have an easier time blowing up bridges nowsAdded People SS, Us Marines, Royal Marines, Siberians[/ul]

v2.1.15
    increased airstack to be 250 for the smallest locations instead of 200.Increased minimum hexstack to 200

v2.1.14
    reverted rulevar #316,#317 (non-arty attack penalty) to .5 & .75 from .33 & .66 (combat was too bloody before)Gave the soviets tech III tank researchGave Western Allies tech 2 ships research Made levelbombers 3 + 4 require 4 enginesMade levelbombers require 2 pilots for all levelsAdding in manpower for most equipment that would require people to be on it.Increased the amount of PP that the soviets get when they move a city to the urals.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

I duplicated the vichy problem i'll see what i need to do to fix that. :)
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I found the vichy problem some time ago... and Tom corrected it, in a version he sent to me...

Want that version? I believe it has a few other fixes for some errors i found too
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

We are running a test game with version 2.1.14

so far the air stack seems off because I am showing a penalty when i have 30 or 40 planes in a hex.

I also have concerns about manpower.

its April 1940 and I am already under 900 as Germany and I haven't even began to gear up for Russia.
every thing takes mp and I am just using 120mp a turn and going backward fast. at this rate in a year i will have 1000's of pp and nothing to spend it on because my mp will be 0.
what good is a factory or raising production when everything cost MP and you run out of MP so fast ? does raising production increase your mp production also ?

at guns and light arty shouldnt cost mp because it takes so many of them to be useful.
naval mp seems high also.

maybe increase the starting MP pool or increase mp production as you capture cities and towns ?

but not even having taken france and to be already concerned about MP dosnt seem right to me.

cheers
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
stone10

Post by stone10 »

at guns and arties cost manpower now?
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

only in this updated version by bwheatly.

I really really like his ideas , its a good way of keeping the number of units down and really adds another layer of planning it just needs some tweaking.
the way it is right now you will have a ton of PP, fuel and supply and nothing to spend the PP on and not enough units to use all your fuel and supply.

but now that I think of it , maybe he could leave the manpower thing alone and just increase the cost of producing PP.  That would fix everything I believe and do it much simpler.
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I found the vichy problem some time ago... and Tom corrected it, in a version he sent to me...

Want that version? I believe it has a few other fixes for some errors i found too

I've fixed the vichy issue ernieschwitz. If you know any of the other problems he fixed let me know so i can re-fix them. I've made so many changes from the version Tom pushed out originally that it would be a lot of work to redo all my work. Probably easier just to redo his changes.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

so far the air stack seems off because I am showing a penalty when i have 30 or 40 planes in a hex.

its April 1940 and I am already under 900 as Germany and I haven't even began to gear up for Russia.
every thing takes mp and I am just using 120mp a turn and going backward fast. at this rate in a year i will have 1000's of pp and nothing to spend it on because my mp will be 0.
what good is a factory or raising production when everything cost MP and you run out of MP so fast ? does raising production increase your mp production also ?

at guns and light arty shouldnt cost mp because it takes so many of them to be useful.

maybe increase the starting MP pool or increase mp production as you capture cities and towns ?

but not even having taken france and to be already concerned about MP dosnt seem right to me.

cheers

The airstack we can tweak up if we need to. It's right now set depending on the size of the city you're in. I think in a city you can fit 10 LB, 20 mix of naval,db or fighter.

For the manpower stuff i'd say load the newest version i put up because it is a complete change to the way manpower works. I took historic data for all combatant countries with their 1939 populations and added that into the game. Then took the data for percentages of men to women. And it also had a break down of % of population that was 18-24,25-36,37-45 etc. So now you'll have a yearly draft class that is about 3% of your manpower with cards to pull in a newer draft class if needed.

Btw 82nd my email is bwheatley@gmail.com lets try to start a testing game with my latest testing version. I'll send it to you when you email me. Was trying to test with someone else but they are too busy to have a quick turn around.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: bwheatley

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I've fixed the vichy issue ernieschwitz. If you know any of the other problems he fixed let me know so i can re-fix them. I've made so many changes from the version Tom pushed out originally that it would be a lot of work to redo all my work. Probably easier just to redo his changes.

Ok, I will see what i remember he fixed...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

cheers

The airstack limit for cities is 500. (capitals are more, towns are less etc)
fighters and navalair have 5 stackpoints per.
Level bombers and divebombers have 10 stackpoints per.

Which is what tom had them to start i just enforced the airstacking limits to keep down uber base stacks.
What is the typical amount of planes you would like to see stationed in a town? Also airbases & forts etc all provide airbases to put airunits into.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
zzmzzm

Post by zzmzzm »

I have see this case:
when Italy join the war , west allies shorebombed the Taranto instantly. Then west allies can do a successful langing battle so all Italy ships were destroyed.

So how about adding 10 or 20 heavy arts in Taranto?
ong ma ni bei mei hong
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: zzmzzm

I have see this case:
when Italy join the war , west allies shorebombed the Taranto instantly. Then west allies can do a successful langing battle so all Italy ships were destroyed.

So how about adding 10 or 20 heavy arts in Taranto?

I added units to taranto and a coastal defense unit.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
stone10

Post by stone10 »

question on the new factory:

Level 1 aircraft factory cost 200PP and 10 industry MP
Level 2 aircraft factory cost 300PP and 13 industry MP
Level 3 aircraft factory cost 400PP and 16 industry MP
Level 4 aircraft factory cost 500PP and 20 industry MP

I can produce 40 engines with level 1 while 80 engines for level 4 factory. So if I build two lv. 1 factory instead of one lv. 4 factory, I would save 1400PP and 59 industry MP. The same thing is true for other factories like chemical factory. Is it intended to be like this? So what's the point of lv.4 factory?
cveta

Post by cveta »

Hi all

I am playing waw for some time now and have some ideas -
1 - Italy - too weak 1st turn. If allships are locaed in one town west may shorebombard tem, reduce rediness and even unload and take the city fist turn. It may force Italy to surender, so maybe opion for Italy surender (when 100 or more pp in Italy landed by west ) shall be removed. Multiple times ppl tray to do exactly this 1st turn.
2 - factories - why not to make that every new factor cost more? 1st 200 pp, seccond 300 pp, third factry 400 and so on. In a game I played Germany I build some 30 factories before we rech 1943
3 - manpower - incrise as minor countries join to the greater power.
4 - coup card - well I like them, but if west coup Yugoslawia and lets say Hungary by luck and Greece thru carrd Germany will have 1 year of hewy fight in Balkan. I spend whole year fighting from wiena to athens. West wake three county and a Greece.
5 - Su is too weak as in standard waw for at. Make some engineers redy and add some facctorris in Ural for a start.

Thouse are my thinking.

Thanks
Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”