Moscow defense Zone

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Manstein63

Moscow defense Zone

Post by Manstein63 »

Turn 25 & the Moscow Defense Zone has arrived but it turned up on the eastern map edge. I tried using the relocation button but all that happened was that it moved a few hexes at random & I managed to kill its commander. is there any way that it can be moved to the Moscow area or should I just disband it (assuming that I can)
Manstein 63

Attachments
MoscowDef..ZoneHQ.jpg
MoscowDef..ZoneHQ.jpg (218.51 KiB) Viewed 34 times
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
56ajax

RE: Moscow defense Zone

Post by 56ajax »

Had me baffled too. Yeah it arrives on the Eastern Edge and then the next turn it moves itself to Moscow. Just make sure there is room in Moscow for it to 'disembark'. But the question is, then what do you do with it....
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Thanks for the info it did re-locate to Moscow on the following turn. In answer to your question I will be using it to control all the Forts that I will & have placed in the Moscow area as well a to control a couple of Armys that I will be placing on reserve for refitting divisions
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63
as well a to control a couple of Armys that I will be placing on reserve for refitting divisions

I did this and regretted it; once the army grows up and doesn't need to baby-sit Moscow, you'll have these armies attached to the Moscow Defense Zone, but you'll want to redeploy the armies somewhere else... In mid-1943 I still have one "roving" army assigned to the MDZ, just because I don't want to waste the AP transferring it to Stavka. why not simply leave these reserve armies with Stavka?
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

These will just be training Army's where my front line units can be sent back for refitting I will be assigning Reserve Armys under STAVKA control to each of the Fronts these will also act as training Armys as well as providing reserves in case of enemy breakthroughs. Once I have managed to fully gain the initiative (probably from the summer of 43) then I will just disband the MDZ Training armys as I will no longer have need of them. It also keeps all training units in one central area for ease of identification & subsequent transfer to the front line combat armys.
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

Return to “Tech Support”