Mods with extra aircraft

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

Jorm

Mods with extra aircraft

Post by Jorm »

Hi,
any one still giving WPO a bash ?

I note some excellent graphics in the posts below, are there any mods with all the ship / aircraft data in game ?

Im particularly interested in play with some more aircraft of the time to explore the expanding introducing of military aircraft into service

cheers
kirk23

RE: Mods with extra aircraft

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Jorm, I try to create improved art for the game,as for mod scenario's I have a couple available but althought the art has been upgraded by my late uncle,at present time I have not got round to updating them with the new art that I have done,there are links available to download some of my ship art,as for aircraft which ones would you like include in the game,and I will try to do the art for them!!!!
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Sample screen shot showing the Japanese Mikasa comparison of old stock art / my new art!

Attachments
Mikasaold..newart..gif
Mikasaold..newart..gif (49.59 KiB) Viewed 101 times
Make it so!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Hi Jorm,

Kirk replied before me, but to answer your question WPO still has a small but dedicated fanbase, with one active AAR going on presently. I still enjoy playing at least one turn each day.

Kirk is the undisputed modder and artist of the group, though I started working on my own mod called "Twilight of the Titans" earlier this year. Summer slowed it down considerably, but as of now it runs from 1927 to 1931. It is based on the old poll stickied on the top of the forum board asking if the later historical aircraft carriers should be added, where 83% responded yes. So basically I'm creating a scenerio with all of the 1920s historical aircraft carriers, plus some of the late historical 1920s BB, CA, and CL designs. So there will be more aircraft, while still retaining the big gun flavor of WPO.
Jorm

Post by Jorm »

Hi Connfire, your mod sounds interesting, is it available for play as yet ?
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Hi Jorm,

I'm still working on it - with the coming of winter I'll probably have more time on my hands and will hopefully finish it. Kirk basically inspired me to start it early this year.

As of now I have the US, and Royal-Commonwealth Navies done. I still have to do the Japanese navy, beef up the French Navy a bit (they'll get DDs and some BBs). The Japanese will get a little help with an Italian squadron (comparable in size and firepower to the Italians) and a small "Free German" squadron.

There's a backstory to all of this, but in a nutshell like all WPO scenerios it is assumed the Washington Naval Conference ended in failure. The British experimentation with CV Furious led to a mini-CV race in the 1920s (which allows me to introduce the historical 1920s CV conversions). To keep the WPO flavor, most sides get additional BBs and BCs (mostly the "never-built" classes), so the CV-BB ratio should be about proportional to the 1926 scenerio, you just get more ships to play with. Also to keep the WPO flavor, since it is assumed the British and Italians are fighting in the Mediterranean, the British reinforcement schedule is also about proportional to the stock WPO scenerios in order to maintain game balance.

Also I'm adding the 1920s US, Japanese, and Royal Navy "Treaty Cruiser" classes, though slightly modified as there isn't any Treaty to constrain theim in this scenerio. So this means the RAN will receive the County class CAs Australia and Canberra as soon as they are completed, though since BC Australia and all the other stock WPO RAN ships are still in the game, CA Australia has been renamed CA Perth.

Hopefully I'll be able to introduce the scenerio soon. The availabilty of my free time is the biggest factor right now!

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”