Noob tutorial ?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

rome87

Noob tutorial ?

Post by rome87 »

Ive been playing advanced tactics on and off for years now but have never been able to fully understand how exactly the combat system works so many variables and not much description of what each mean.I know vic done some lessons recently but none go into real detail of how combat is worked out.For example if you have 2 x units of 100 rifle both have 100 entrenchment,same morale of 60 ,experience 50,readiness 100 and one attacks one of the other who wins and how is that calculated ?
Goodmongo

RE: Noob tutorial ?

Post by Goodmongo »

I've been starting to get into moddeling and these are indeed very important.  I have found some stuff scattered all over the place and it would be great if it would be in just one place like the Wiki.

I know that in developing a mod it is important to get it balanced and right.  Not to mention that doing this could help get the AI to act better.  Calculate the odds and attack accordingly.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”