Error on game startup

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
Artaxerxes

Error on game startup

Post by Artaxerxes »

I'm on Win7 - patched up to date.
Installed and ran FOG (latest version) fine yesterday & day before without a problem, came to startup the game today and get the following error message;

OutOfBoundsException
1.6.0 2011 08 05 win
{}
{0}
MemoryBlock.CString s o MemoryBlock i4
uiplayer.gl.DrawingArea.Event Open o uiplayer.gl.DrawingArea
Application. CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling o Application p
Window.Constructor o Window
gameinstance.Program.Run o gamestate.StateFactory o gamefixed.FixedFactory o gamelogic.LogicFactory o uiplayer.UIFactory o aiplayer.AIFactory o gameinstance.GameEngine
FieldOfGlory.Event Open o FieldOfGlory
Application. CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling o Application p
REALbasic. RuntimeRegisterAppObject o Application
NewAppInstance
Startup
REALbasic. RunFrameworkInitialization p
Main
main

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Artaxerxes

RE: Error on game startup

Post by Artaxerxes »

OK, figured out what was causing it, Firefox had not exited properly & firefox.exe was still running. Killed the process and FOG started up OK.

As another test I ran firefox & tried to start FOG - got the OutOfBoundsException - stopped firefox & FOG started, so if you see this issue make sure firefox isn't running.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks - glad you got up and running.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
terbare

Post by terbare »

Hello, my operating system is Windows XP, I have installed FOG in addition to the latest update 1.60 and I am unable to get the game to run even though my Panzer Corp runs fine. What do I need to do to get this game to run? My browser was not running so I do not think that is an issue. I also in addition, get not even get my WWI Gold 'La Grande Guerre 1914 to 1918 to even install properly. I am having a very unpleasant time buying these two games and getting no enjoyment time. I would greatly appreciate a phone number or some kind of help with these two issues. Thanks.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. Can you give us some mroe information. What exactly happens when you try and run the game? Unfortunately we do not have the facility for phone support so it must be dealt with via the forums and help desk.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
terbare

Post by terbare »

Unlike the new Panzer Corp game which runs beautifully, when I press the desktop FOG icon, I get a FOG menu and when I press play from there all I get is a message from Microsoft asking me to report an error. I am running with XP Professional and Webroot anti virus installed.  Perhaps the game graphics is too demanding with my graphics card, I do not know. I hope this enough info to help, I can take a closer look at my system to see what hard ware I am running if need be. Thank you.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately that doesnt give us a lot to go on. Can you let us know your system specs? Graphics card, processor & RAM. One thing to try is reinstalling in case something is corrupt. Another is to check the drivers for your graphics card are up to date. If none of those help a DX Dialog might help us to work out the issue.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
terbare

Post by terbare »

Okay I will get my system checked out to see if it can run the game.   Thank you.
Manisha Lamba

Post by Manisha Lamba »

Looking at the situtation i am suggesting that you should try to launch the game as administrator. I recommend that you should right click on the exe file of the game and click on the Run as Administrator and see whether the error message is appearing or not. All the Best :)

Return to “Tech Support”