Problem installing EiA on Windows Vista/Windows 7

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

mr.godo

Problem installing EiA on Windows Vista/Windows 7

Post by mr.godo »

I have been trying to install 1.08.04 or 1.08.07 Beta on both of my machines (Windows Vista and Windows 7) and get this error 200 which suggests it is my serial number. The helpdesk assures me it is a registry problem and that I need to install as the admin and run as the admin. I'm also running in XP compatibility mode.
However, I am not having any success and the helpdesk fellow is getting irate with me, so I thought i'd search the forum. If someone could offer some suggestions or point me to the appropriate thread (I couldn't find anything) I would appreciate it.
Mr. Godó
Dancing Bear

RE: Problem installing EiA on Windows Vista/Windows 7

Post by Dancing Bear »

This has come up before. A search of the forum for "vista" came up with the following link to try.

tm.asp?m=1803619&mpage=1&key=vista&#1804165
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Have you tried downloading the game again, in case your download was somehow corrupted? Have you tried the uninstall/registry cleanup routine and then rebooted prior to a clean install? If the issue is with two different PCs then perhaps it is a serial number problem and Matrix would have to resolve that. Not sure what else to add? Good luck.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
mr.godo

Post by mr.godo »

Thx. I haven't tried the uninstall/registry cleanup routine. The helpdesk fellow is not being very helpful.
Mr. Godó
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Refer to the release notes and there should be some instructions on some VISTA issues?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Return to “Tech Support”