Thoughts!

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown. This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command!
Jimbo123

Thoughts!

Post by Jimbo123 »

Ok I HATE real time games. I think it's my age ( 55 )! I have almost bought this game a hundred times from D2D, but the realtime aspect was always keeping me from pulling the trigger. When I saw it listed here at Matrix I jumped all over it due to the credibility you have with me.

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME! The learning curve is a little steep which is my fault because I'm I won't play the campaign tutorial. After several restarts I am good enough now to get into the meat of the game and the depth of options and need to plan is amazing! I will master this and I am sure it will not be easy! If realtime is not your thing consider giving this a try.

Thanks!
barniface

RE: Thoughts!

Post by barniface »

Hey Jimb0123,
I hate rts games too, but I love the space genre. I have distant worlds and that is kinda rts, but I can play it reasonably well. I have been thinking about getting AI War but I am not there yet. Could you go into more detail about what the game is like in your own opinion? thanks!
Jimbo123

Post by Jimbo123 »

Well it starts with the fact I to am a fan of space based games as well. I would suggest you google ai war and there is a ton of info on the game. I could write a book and not come close to answering your question. For me it is the simple but complex choices you are forced to make and the depth of cause and effect. The game punishes you for not keeping balance. I know that sound like BS but it really isn't. Tactics and stratigic decisions are not mandated and there seems be be many ways to skin the cat. There does not seem to be any single way to win meaning style. The victory condition is very simple, crush to 2 AI planets once you find them. Just don't piss them off to much while you are looking and preparing. The massive amount of different AI's that might have control in an individual game make replayability amazing. One of the things that made my learning curve harder was not realizing I was fighting a different style AI when I would restart. I have not won yet but I'll be damned if the game is going to beat me. How good is it being able to just say that!

Hope all is well!

Jimbo
Crinshaw

Post by Crinshaw »

I agree with you, Jimbo. I pretty much despise RTS games with a few exceptions. However, the ability to play this game closer to a turn-based 4X space game by slowing down the speed and issuing orders while paused has lessened my disdain. But once I started playing the game I just can't seem to get it out of my head. I played through the tutorial and then started my first game with the default difficulty of "7". What a mistake. My butt was handed to me in about 10 minutes but I learned a lot. Yesterday, I took another shot with a lower difficulty and captured my first planet without much trouble but I am terribly scared of the expected retaliation. Like you, I have been on the fence over this game for some time, but couldn't pass up the bundle deal here. I am very glad I have given it a try. Very immersive.

noname

Post by noname »

Here's another RTS hater. I just started playing the demo and it looks pretty good. Having never played a game like this before ( except the old DOS Ascendancy, which was great) I am having much trouble with the learning curve. This may take me a while to learn but I think It will be worth it. Very probably will buy the whole game soon.

Return to “AI War Alien Bundle”