Alternative "PG" like Campaign

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Cainor

RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign

Post by Cainor »

Bump - come on. Noboday can add some early and mid maps?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Anyway while, Locarnus don't update his campaign, you can also take a look at "Panzer General Classical Mod".
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27062
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, I m very busy right now in rl.
And adding a number of maps would certainly require balancing and so on.

Additionally Slitherine started to offer afaik 2 more detailed campaigns with more to follow, so that in the end there are 70 or so new scenarios which will be playable in a new grand campaign.

For those reasons (especially my rl time restrictions), it is highly unlikely that I will extend the mod (which is only the 14kb file) in the near future.
But as I said before, I encourage anyone willing to extend/alter the mod to do so (just mention the previous contributions somewhere in the file).

The campaign file is fairly easy to edit, once you understand its basic structure (there are help threads here or in the slitherine forum and its not complicated).
Its just editing a spreadsheet. The testing and balancing is the hard part. It took me considerably more time to think about the desired order and connections of the scenarios, than to edit the campaign file itself, so just take a look at it and adjust it as you want it to be.

@Cainor:
I would prefer less different versions as well, but thats unfortunately very difficult when we have vanilla, different mods/user scenarios, and additional scenarios you can pay for...

Have fun,
Locarnus
Aloo

Post by Aloo »

Just registered to say I really like the modified campaign design. No need to avoid DV to play the interesting scenarios.
Thanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”