Steve Jobs just passed away. News media talking about it.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Gilmer

Steve Jobs just passed away. News media talking about it.

Post by Gilmer »

Kind of sad, even though I haven't been an apple person pretty much all of my life. The ipad is something I'll seriously consider getting, though.

He changed America and the world, for sure.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Terminus

RE: Steve Jobs just passed away. News media talking about it.

Post by Terminus »

Well, seeing how ill he'd been, it's not surprising...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
gunny

Post by gunny »

Well its sad when anybody dies. The world was a better place him. Personally I hate apple. I rushed out to buy an Apple IIGS, $4000 was alot of money in those days only to have the entire format pulled. No software No support = Boat anchor. A year later I had to buy another computer, a PC. So yea I hate everything Apple. The only Ipad I will own will be the eye patch taped to my orbit.

Anyways RIP, maybe you'll not listen to Woz and get it right in the next life buddy.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I dont even know what an Iphone is.I still use my analog cell phone I got in 1998.Works fine.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Gunny, you got it wrong, IBM shut down all Apple support. basiclly, they told the stores and what not, if you want carry IBM fine, but you can't carry Apple, and IBM had such pull back then, that everybody dropped Apple (now a days, it wouldn't work with the Net)

(I had a II+, and a IIE, upgraded to a IIGS, much better computers then any of the PC's, and still kind of think they worked better then any of the newer stuff we got now)

(I got a monster Alienware beast now, that is still nothing but headaches)
E

Post by E »

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Well, thanks to Steve Jobs, I've been using Iphones for years and love them. Being a major music freak, I love having iTunes on the same phone that I use.

RIP Steve. [:(]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

My Brother helped convert me but I must say now I love my Apple products. I pray for Steve's whole family at this moment of Steve's passing.
jomni

Post by jomni »

Steve did a good job in providing us with nice products.  But he is also a very shrewd businessman. Apple employs nasty tactics to kill off the competition as if they don't have faith that their products will sell well.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

This is a very sad day for the whole industry. He has introduced not only new products, but what is more important he gave us very cool services.
Without him the world would look different today.

Rest in peace Steve.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Way too early that's for sure, only a couple of years older than me. He looked so frail in the end, every time I saw him on telly I was thinking; how can he lead that company with a body so sick? And then all of a sudden you wake up one morning, turn on the news, and he's gone...
I'm no Apple fan, but I have much respect for the genius of Steve and all the things he brought into this world.

Rest in peace Steve.
gunny

Post by gunny »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge
Gunny, you got it wrong, IBM shut down all Apple support. basiclly, they told the stores and what not, if you want carry IBM fine, but you can't carry Apple, and IBM had such pull back then, that everybody dropped Apple (now a days, it wouldn't work with the Net)
(I had a II+, and a IIE, upgraded to a IIGS, much better computers then any of the PC's, and still kind of think they worked better then any of the newer stuff we got now) (I got a monster Alienware beast now, that is still nothing but headaches)

No I disagree on that , Apple IIGS was dumped in favor of the Macintosh. But why? The main reason is the same reason other new but backwards compatible machines didn't do well. You have a huge installed base of Apple II+ and IIe users. And you have a very small number of IIgs owners. Are you going to write software that takes advantage of the IIgs's extra features? Or are you going to keep compatibility with that huge installed base and sell many more copies? The competative monoply between macs and IBM took place later after the era of Apple II vs 8086 (I'm curious to know what problems you are having with your Alienware since I'm always upgrading)

Anyways, Like I said, the world was better place with Jobs, RIP.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Our whole company got 27" iMacs. Designer, devs, marketing, even customer care. In enjoy the pretty screen, but the mouse is slow and keyboard too tiny for my taste. Also, it's not that easy to resize windows and buttons are at the wrong side. Frankly, I still prefer Windows 7.

Regarding Jobs, the world lost a great visionary. Rest in peace, Steve.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

As I get older, I see the people who played such a big part in my life slowly dying off. Losing Steve at the young age of 56 is a tragedy. I'm turning 64 in a few days and it just doesn't seem fair that he should die with so much left to contribute. My first computer was an Apple IIPlus, the second was an original Macintosh. While I drifted away from Apple products over the years, I can still respect the genius of Steve Jobs. [&o]

Now we can wonder "what if" over the next decade of new technology... will Apple continue it's successes? Will it stumble without Jobs for leadership and inspiration? What would have happened if Steve was still there?

Time will tell.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: gunny
Apple IIGS was dumped in favor of the Macintosh. But why? The main reason is the same reason other new but backwards compatible machines didn't do well.

Complete disagreement.
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

Return to “General Discussion”