Marlburian battles

The Seven Years’ War was fought across the globe and called by some the first “World War” as virtually every major power participated. In the center of events was Prussia, almost constantly at war and lead by the now legendary Frederick the Great.

Relive the exciting and trying days of Frederick the Great in Horse and Musket: Volume I, the improved and expanded combination of the previous Prussian War Machine and Prussia’s Glory titles. Horse and Musket: Volume I is a reboot of the successful Horse and Musket series, including not only two solid historical titles in one package, but also many new game features, a powerful new editor, and a complete graphics overhaul to an already acclaimed gaming system.

Moderators: Tim Coakley, Sertorius

redcoat

Marlburian battles

Post by redcoat »

Many years ago I saw a game which was probably an ancestor of this one that covered the battles of the Duke of Marlborough: Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenarde and Malplaquet. Could someone tell me the name of the game? If I can find a cheap second hand copy I'd like to buy it. Alternatively - is there any new game in the works which will cover the battles of the War of Spanish Succession?

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
PrinzHenrich

RE: Marlburian battles

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Possible you mean Horse and Musket - Great Battles of the 18th Century by The Development Team, Dave Erickson and Boku Strategy Games.

BUT I doubt it would be on the second hand store :(
Changes....
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

Thanks for your reply. I think that must be it. I will keep an eye open for it on e-bay. No plans for a remake I suppose?
“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
jackx

Post by jackx »

You could always recreate the scenarios (provided you get your hands on the game), or make new scenarios based on the War of Spanish Succession with the current HnM editor... all that'd be missing would be period-specific unit graphics, but once HnM V2 is out, you should at least have decent stand-ins for most of the major belligerents.
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

ORIGINAL: PrinzHenrich

Possible you mean Horse and Musket - Great Battles of the 18th Century by The Development Team, Dave Erickson and Boku Strategy Games.

BUT I doubt it would be on the second hand store :(

You were right. I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere. [:(]

George Orwell, 1984
Vincent83

Post by Vincent83 »

I saw a few copies on Amazon...the cheapest was $40...all the way up to $80!
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

I hadn't looked on Amazon outside the UK. I've just had a look at Amazon in the U.S. and the prices went from $44.99 up to $90.00 plus international shipping. I think I'll continue to monitor ebay for the time being. [:D]

George Orwell, 1984
Vincent83

Post by Vincent83 »

Yea..those prices are ridiculous.
PrinzHenrich

Post by PrinzHenrich »

Is this game still have been in the pay area? Isn't it in free games? With those graphic and and engine should be.
Well I get some resource of those game, and game itself, but don't remember how I get it?
Changes....
TR

Post by TR »

Try the NWS website. He may have a used copy.

Return to “Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great”