Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

MPHopcroft1

Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

I have been invited to play is a custom scenario as my way of getting my feet wet again. I have downloaded the scenario and done what the other person suggested I do to get it into the game. However, the game menu doesn't recognize the scanario.

What I did was that I unzipped the scenario zip file into a new folder called Custom. The original zip file is still there. The bmp and .SCE files are in that directory. There was a subfolder which I copied to the Graphics folder as I believe I was told to. The problem seems to be that when I go to the opening game screen and try to select the new scenario nothing shows.

I don't know whether I did something wrong, whether there's another step I need to take, and so forth. I made the download yesterday and should be in 3.4.
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
Bill Earley

RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario

Post by Bill Earley »

WHen you are at the open new game screen you can click the "HQ" button.
YOu will then be able to select the directory in which you placed the .sce file.
The eqp file (and I guess any other auxilliary files - not sure on this)
should be in a folder named the same as the .sce file in the graphics folder of the game folder.
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

The scenario I loaded (from a third-party site) consists of four files:

The SCE file
A PDF file with an explanation of the scenario
A BMP containing a picture of a guy with a machine gun
A file folder containing an EQP file and a BMP file called MapOptional2

My opponent insures me the scenario file I downloaded (Anzio 1944 @ 2km) is complete and that he can load the scenario.

I don't know about that. And this is a bad thing becuase there are quite a few custom scenarios I want to try.
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
murphz

Post by murphz »

yes, the scenario is ok.

It could be version problem as i said by email, try update toaw with the latest patch maybe...otherwise really don't know whats happen [&:]
- Tattica, Strategia, Abnegazione, Forza -

Personal blog: http://warhut.wordpress.com/
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

ORIGINAL: murphz

yes, the scenario is ok.

It could be version problem as i said by email, try update toaw with the latest patch maybe...otherwise really don't know whats happen [&:]

I finally sorted that part out -- for some reason my brand new download is version 3.2.2. I'm trying to download the patch right now but it isn't working (the download, not the patch). This could delay things by quite a bit.

murphz

Post by murphz »

so i think that the problem could be that..let me know when you finally update if you can load the scenario.
- Tattica, Strategia, Abnegazione, Forza -

Personal blog: http://warhut.wordpress.com/
MPHopcroft1

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

ORIGINAL: Bill Earley

WHen you are at the open new game screen you can click the "HQ" button.
YOu will then be able to select the directory in which you placed the .sce file.
The eqp file (and I guess any other auxilliary files - not sure on this)
should be in a folder named the same as the .sce file in the graphics folder of the game folder.

The Europe 1944 scenario in playtest does not include an eqp file. Nor do I see a subdirectory in which it would be contained.

Is that particular scenario unusable as it stands? That seems likely to me.

governato

Post by governato »

Europe44 uses the standard equipment file. So one just needs to place the .sce file in the scenarios subfolder of his choice and it will be recognized by the game.

Return to “TOAW III Support”