Richmond Confederate Newspaper

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Gil R.

pjwheeling

RE: Richmond Confederate Newspaper

Post by pjwheeling »

I'll be out of town for one week.
The presses at the Richmond Confederate will crank back up when I return. [;)]

Patrick
I cannot help but think that great results would have been obtained had my views been thought better of; yet I am much inclined to accept the present condition as for the best.

General James Longstreet
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

A more violent Anthony Burns incident

A very ingenious bit of altered history -- the actual Anthony Burns incident aroused much ill feeling in Massachusetts as it was, and this would have inflamed the entire North.

But again, I'm interested in the "justifiable Fugitive Slave Law". The historical law was, in this amateur historian's opinion, the vilest law that the U.S. Federal Government has ever carried on its books. Reading it (especially the last part of Section 6), it is hard to avoid the conclusion that it was also meant to allow free blacks to be seized and taken south as slaves.
http://www.nationalcenter.org/FugitiveSlaveAct.html
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

This is real interesting, PJ. Keep up the good work. [:)]
pjwheeling

Post by pjwheeling »

A Republican President four years early.
This will get interesting.[;)]

Attachments
Richmond28.gif
Richmond28.gif (367.35 KiB) Viewed 363 times
I cannot help but think that great results would have been obtained had my views been thought better of; yet I am much inclined to accept the present condition as for the best.

General James Longstreet
pjwheeling

Post by pjwheeling »

No surprise here.

Patrick

Attachments
Richmond 29.gif
Richmond 29.gif (332.4 KiB) Viewed 363 times

General James Longstreet
bugwar

DTG Issue

Post by bugwar »

Uhmmm, you might want to edit the last line of the newspaper. Slight time warp there. [:D]
pjwheeling

RE: DTG Issue

Post by pjwheeling »

Good call, bugwar.

Patrick

General James Longstreet
pjwheeling

RE: DTG Issue

Post by pjwheeling »

The Southern Ultimatum.

Patrick

Attachments
Richmond30.gif
Richmond30.gif (388.03 KiB) Viewed 358 times

General James Longstreet
bugwar

Passing Notes

Post by bugwar »

Did they actually do that in reality? The missive, not the addressing it to Fremont.
pjwheeling

RE: Passing Notes

Post by pjwheeling »

Mississippi secedes.

Patrick

Attachments
Richmond31.gif
Richmond31.gif (341.11 KiB) Viewed 358 times

General James Longstreet
bugwar

Flip-flop circa 1860

Post by bugwar »

Typical fence straddle. Never giving a straight answer, cuz then he might have to do something.

[:-]
pjwheeling

RE: Flip-flop circa 1860

Post by pjwheeling »

Sorry guys. Last post. This was never meant to anything more that a fun project. I'm not a historian and never claimed to be. Critique to your hearts content.

Patrick

General James Longstreet
Murat

Post by Murat »

Well since you are going there, many people have commented on your newsletter, not just me and I tried to do it in private. If you think I am a smart alec for pointing out that you list 34 states (31: CA, 32: NM, 33:KS, 34: AZ) but only held an election with 31, then so be it. You said you were doing an alternate history scenario. Most people like their scenarios to be well written without errors and like to have ideas to aid them in their creation process. I offered a few things to think about, nothing more. You are free to take them or leave them. I know that the "Reverend" Falwell did not really like outside input either and found the Bible to be inconvenient to his goals and you seem to have learned those lessons well there at Liberty. So keep on doing what you wish, ignore your mistakes and have zealous overreactions to offers of help. Just like the muslim terrorists who we fed, clothed, housed, armed so they could defend themselves and then watched as they decided to repay us by bombing our cities and assassinating our people. Great crowd to be with.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Murat,

That is way over the line. No personal attacks, no religion and no politics.

You get a formal warning. If you want to discuss this further, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
bugwar

Post by bugwar »

ORIGINAL: pjwheeling

Sorry guys. Last post. This was never meant to anything more that a fun project. I'm not a historian and never claimed to be. Critique to your hearts content.

Patrick

Pity. I enjoyed the series.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Agreed. This was definitely one of the more creative -- not to mention labor-intense! -- AAR's we've had, and it would be a shame for one critical exchange to overshadow the silent majority of readers who have enjoyed this alternate take on history (whose presence, of course, can be seen in the number of hits).
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Ugly Guy

Post by Ugly Guy »

Sad that I missed this until now. [:(]
Capt. Harlock

RE: Passing Notes

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Did they actually do that in reality? The missive, not the addressing it to Fremont.

Better *very* late than never department:

What was actually proposed in late 1859, by a group of Senators rather than a convention of states, was the so-called Crittenden Compromise. The main feature would have added six new amendments to the Constitution, which would be permanent and unamendable, guaranteeing the continuation of slavery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crittenden_Compromise

Very fortunately, it was rejected, especially by president-elect Lincoln.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

Return to “After Action Reports”