Planets disappeared

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

SeeLess

Planets disappeared

Post by SeeLess »

Hey all,

So playing my first ROTS game where the S have actually appeared! So I have created some mega fleets (by my standards) 200+ ships 200+ troops. Once I did this all the planets graphics have disappeared! The starbases etc are still there, ships still move up to the invisible planet and dock, but I can't see it!
I have tried restarting DW etc but still do not reappear with this saved game with all these fleet sizes ?

Is this a known problem ? Is the fleet just too big ?

Thanks In advance
See[8D]
Kayoz

RE: Planets disappeared

Post by Kayoz »

Upload your save game.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
SeeLess

Post by SeeLess »

http://www.mediafire.com/?nba9p6zadao3dwz

This game is a save where I have stripped out all my fleets down to 50 max, but it is still happening... a little less frequent but still! Also the this save just crashes the game constantly... without error msg... the game just dissapears... after about 5 mins max... could you see if that happens also to you... ![&o]
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

For the future: Matrix got an excellent ftp site for game upload usage, see the sticky on this forum.

I loaded your game and peeked around. I set 4x speed and went to find some action, so I went looking for your capital. Finding Sol2 in your colony list, I went to it, and found only the space port and defensive bases. I clicked next to the space port in the vain hope of hitting the planet, and the game crashed.

Maybe DW went haywire due to too many defense pacts? [;)]
Data

Post by Data »

Hi See and welcome to the forum, now that Binge was able to reproduce it as well I think Elliot can safely consider it as a genuine problem. Never heard of something similar, you certainly make for a spectacular debut here [:)]
Igard would love to cloak hole planets...he's the resident romulan around here.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
SeeLess

Post by SeeLess »

Hi Guys,

I am so pleased this is happening to others. I was starting to lose the will to play! Could there be anything different I am doing that I shouldn't be maybe ? I seem to run a massive deficit and get into lots of MDP's (I am understanding I get a 30% tr bonus for a MDP ? :) )

Thanks for the help guys!
Data

Post by Data »

Well, since it first happened to you than it should be someting particular to your game and no other. As Binge suggested, try cutting down on various elements like no of mdp's or ships etc. At some point some of these conditions could trigger this behavior. We're just speculating now, Elliot can check the code and find it faster...when he'll get around to checking it, that is [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: SeeLess

Hi Guys,

I am so pleased this is happening to others. I was starting to lose the will to play! Could there be anything different I am doing that I shouldn't be maybe ? I seem to run a massive deficit and get into lots of MDP's (I am understanding I get a 30% tr bonus for a MDP ? :) )

Thanks for the help guys!
Hello SeeLess, in addition to the previous advise, also prepare and upload your system
Direct X DxDiag file in case Elliot needs that as well. There is a post here on the
forum on how to do so if you need. [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Tech Support”