COI choppy/laggy very unplayable.

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
sgreen

COI choppy/laggy very unplayable.

Post by sgreen »

I've posted this a couple of times throughout the year but still have not found a solution to this issue. I have CC COI and modern tactics and they both have the same issue. Game installs and loads fine but once in a map, the gameplay becomes unplayable because of lag. When clicking on a unit, the orders box doesn't come up immediately (sometimes it doesn't come up at all; its blank but i can still issue orders). When units execute orders the game jumps forward a few seconds at a time as if there is really bad lag but the sound doesn't lag. Whats bothering me is that LSA runs without problems. I'm on a Toshiba laptop model A665, windows 7 64 bit, direct X 11, latest radeon drivers (radeon mobility HD 5650). I've tried just about everything with trying to get these two games to work and I'm about to give up until I get a new computer. I tried running all three games in 1366x768 true color 32bit, and different compatibility settings. Again, LSA works fine but modern tactics and COI don't work even under what appears to be the same settings. I can post diag logs or screen shots if needed. If there is any information I can add to this to help alleviate this issue please let me know.
sgreen

RE: COI choppy/laggy very unplayable.

Post by sgreen »

Apparently disabling my video card fixed the issue... I'd still prefer not to have to do that but I guess it is an easy fix.
Al D

Post by Al D »

I have a similar problem. On screens where the terrain is mainly white the gamegrinds to a halt. If I click on a squad it is selected but nothing changes on the main screen. Also the clock stops. If I am on an area that is not mainly white it works much better but is still not right. One final thing, the videos do not play.
I have triede various combinations of compatability but the make no difference.
Please can anyone suggest a fix before I raise a support ticket?
Many thanks.
Al.
halotab

Post by halotab »

In have exactly the same problem. Game is useless under windows 7 64. I have tried all configurations, screen resolutions but nothing improves it.

I am suprised that this has been know about for 12 months and nothing has been done to fix it.

HALO
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

halotab what is your video card and driver version?

I have COI running on Windows 7 64bit with a Geforce GTS 450 and it works fine....
halotab

Post by halotab »

Intel (R) HD

I have even disabled the graphics adapator and it still doesn't work properly. At is as if the control box gets hidden behind some of the graphics. For example in rattenkrieg, there is the basic scenario and then the buildings appear to be layered over the top. The option box partly appears on the background and the buildings are over the top of the option box.

Really strange !!!!
HALO

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”