Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Is Updated

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

SledgeFox

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Is Updated

Post by SledgeFox »

Hi Blubel!

I tried GG-WarInTheEast-Update-v10440.exe but when I install it, I get asked for the serial number (again after I entered it at first install) and then I get "Invalid serial number" and the installer aborts. [:(]
pompack

Post by pompack »

Yes, I saw in another thread that there are problems trying to update the German version with the English patches.
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

I can't seem to find the link with the changes made earlier to the fort buidling rules among others.
Does anyone still have this link?
Thanks!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Not sure what link you are looking for. Here are the major fort building changes made in 1.05.18 in case that's what you are looking for (you can look it up in the latest readme/whatsnew file):

20) Changes to Fortification Rules
a. Requirement to build up to Fort Level 5 - Only will be built in port hexes that have a fort unit. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fort. Not possible in a swamp hex.
b. Requirement to build up to Fort Level 4 - Must have a fort unit in the hex. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fort. Not possible in swamp hex.
c. Requirement to build up to Fort Level 3 - Must be adjacent to an enemy hex, be an urban or city hex, or be in or adjacent to a fort unit. Once the level 3 is reached, the condition does not have to continue to be met to keep the level 3 fort.
d. Fort levels that have reached their maximum fort level for the hex may continue to build up to 10% towards the next fort level.
e. Building forts in mud now uses a .25 modifier (instead of .33).
f. Level 4 and 5 forts do not decay.
g. There is no fort decay on turn 1 of any scenario.
h. Doubled the rate of fort decay.
i. Increased decay rate of low level forts, based on the weather.
Extra decay percentage:
Fort Weather
Level clear snow mud/blizzard
0 20 40 80
1 12 24 48
2 4 8 16
g. Added supply cost for fort construction as follows:
fort 0->1 1 tons per fort point (no cost for isolated units, construction rate is halved)
fort 1->2 2 tons per fort point (no cost for isolated units, construction rate is halved)
fort 2->3 20 tons per fort points
fort 3->4 200 tons per fort points
fort 4->5 2000 tons per fort points
*note each fort point represents 2% toward the next fort level

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
glvaca

Post by glvaca »

That's it, thanks Joel!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”