1.05.18 beta Farfarer vs Fulkerson (sov)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

larryfulkerson

RE: 1.05.23 beta Farfarer vs Fulkerson (sov)

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's my T15 moves. I pulled back in some places and moved forward in some other places.

Attachments
frontlines.gif
frontlines.gif (2.97 MiB) Viewed 465 times
If listening to djt doesn't insult your intelligence then clearly you don't have any.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the T15 OOB, losses, destroyed units, and production:

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (1.08 MiB) Viewed 465 times
If listening to djt doesn't insult your intelligence then clearly you don't have any.
Priapus1

Post by Priapus1 »

Wowsers. That must be a quarter of your forces trapped in that Orel pocket. Are you confident you can escape it?
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Good move re-opening the pocket. 

Armaments - you are probably looking at 250-260 remaining when all is said and done.  Under 1.04 it was ok, under 1.05 you may well be hurting down the road.  The 25 at Tula are a writeoff, there are 8 at Voronezh-Lipetsk-Tambov unless you already got those and 15 between North and West Moscow.

Please find 3 good rifle divisions and stick them in the Moscow hexes.  You don't need him walking in there like he did Rostov which you should also have garrisoned with a division.    
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Priapus1
Wowsers. That must be a quarter of your forces trapped in that Orel pocket. Are you confident you can escape it?
Wowsers is correct. I'm not at all sure I can get anybody out of there. I'm going to give it the old college try however so stay tuned.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS
Good move re-opening the pocket. 
Thanks. I almost didn't see that.
Armaments - you are probably looking at 250-260 remaining when all is said and done.  Under 1.04 it was ok, under 1.05 you may well be hurting down the road.  The 25 at Tula are a writeoff, there are 8 at Voronezh-Lipetsk-Tambov unless you already got those and 15 between North and West Moscow.
I'll look for those you've mentioned and make it a special case to move 'em.
Please find 3 good rifle divisions and stick them in the Moscow hexes.  You don't need him walking in there like he did Rostov which you should also have garrisoned with a division.    
Good idea.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

T16: Here's the front lines after Soviet recon but before Soviet movement:

Attachments
frontlinesbefore.gif
frontlinesbefore.gif (1.48 MiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I don't see any easy way to get these guys out of that pocket any time soon. I think they are gonners.

EDIT: I've located two airbases inside the pocket but all the units inside the pocket are showing as isolated instead of beachead supply.
I've not one idea why they aren't beachead supply. Anybody have an idea?

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (417.96 KiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's what happened in the deep south. I don't have the troops to contain this outbreak so it looks like Far has free rein to do pretty
much whatever he want down there.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (450.03 KiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's my moves with an overlay showing the Axis attacks. I'm afraid that my light screen isn't going to do for a front line much longer....
I'm going to need much better than that to be able to hold back the Axis.

Attachments
frontlines.gif
frontlines.gif (3 MiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the OOB, losses, destroyed units, and production:

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (1.09 MiB) Viewed 465 times
OTZ

Post by OTZ »

That's going to be a painful loss if that pocket stays sealed. Good luck!

I thought I'd mention that I enjoy the effort you put into your AARs.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: OTZ
That's going to be a painful loss if that pocket stays sealed. Good luck!
Yes, painful. The only good thing is that this is before Nov. '41 and I'll get them all back free with any luck at all. I'lll have to fill 'em up
with troops again and everything but at least it's better than nothing.
ORIGINAL: OTZ
I thought I'd mention that I enjoy the effort you put into your AARs.
Oh, well, thank you very much. I'll see if I can't do a better job yet.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

For the AAR if you wish:

The Orel Pocket and 500,000 casualties end Barbarossa and save Moscow. General Pavlov and his staff fought well to the end and were among the last units to survive. Alas, they were killed in action. This pocket would have been a nightmare to reduce while preparing for Winter Lines. AGN is stymied at the Volga Reservoir-Yaroslavl line, and cannot get to Moscow alone. As the weather is random, I await the Mud and Snow period to see if a brief window for offence opens up. In the meantime, the railheads creep closer, along with thousands of flatcars to send all the reamaining tanks, wrecks and vehicles back West to refit. All non-Wehrmacht/SS formations have been alerted to emergency winter TOE reductions, except for Labour Squads, whom I am hoping will fill up with Hiwis. With 3.2M casualties, the USSR can bounce back, but not right away, and the command structure is in dissarray with the 'loss' of two Front HQs in the Pocket. After action analysis at OKH shows the Tula and Rostov long range actions against Armament Factory concentrations worked, but were lucky that counter-attacks failed. With the Donbas, Rostov and Tula capacity destroyed, the 'hollow' victories at Leningrad and Kharkov, and an intact Moscow Industrial Area may be offset.

Far
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

T17: Here's the front lines before any Soviet recon or movement:

Attachments
frontlinesbefore.gif
frontlinesbefore.gif (1.46 MiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I thought I'd give you guys a tour of the front lines to see what the situation is like in each area to see how horribly unorganized I am.
All these pockets and breakthrough responses have got my guys scattered all over the map without HQ's nearby etc.

The north end of the front lines are held by the Northwest Front and the Leningrad Front. I'm thinking maybe to give all the Leningrad
Front troops to the Northwest Front and use the Leningrad front further south of this spot.

Attachments
frontlines.gif
frontlines.gif (835.13 KiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Commanders Report on my Front HQ's. As you can see the Northwest Front is already maxed out. But the Leningrad
Front still has some command points to spare. Maybe I should give everything from both fronts to the Leningrad Front and use the
Northwest Front further down south. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I figured out why the Northwest Front is maxed already. I sent a bunch of NWF troops to stop gap a hole in the lines. I only need
to transfer them to a different Front HQ, preferably the one whose Front they occupy now.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (122.51 KiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Okie dokie.......I found a bunch of NW Front troops near Moscow that I transfered to the Moscow MD front and now the maxed out
status transfered from NW front to Moscow MD front. And I transfered the troops individually instead of the HQ unit being
reassigned to the different front as I didn't want to pay 54 AP's just to transfer an Army to a new front.

Attachments
zairlosses.gif
zairlosses.gif (100.13 KiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Armies of the Kalinin Front, which is just south of the Leningrad Front. These guys were just now assigned to the Kalinin
front as I'm just now getting organized a little better.

EDIT: I'm going to organize the airbases from NW front and Leningrad front ( to the right in the picture ) a little later in this turn.

Attachments
frontlines.gif
frontlines.gif (1.67 MiB) Viewed 465 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Moscow MD front. Moscow MD is a smaller front, only two armies, but it's maxed out in CP's according to the CR.

Attachments
frontlines.gif
frontlines.gif (850.96 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Return to “After Action Reports”