So Little Activity?

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown. This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command!
tgb

So Little Activity?

Post by tgb »

Is there a reason? Is it because everyone bought it years ago? I like the introductory price of the package with expansions, and am trying to find the love in the demo, but the silence here is deafening.
Erik Rutins

RE: So Little Activity?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi tgb,

Based on the initial comments, I think we do have quite a few customers who already own and enjoy AI War. Hopefully, this will allow those who weren't aware of it to give it a look, especially with the promotion. Games that we add to our catalog which have already been released don't tend to generate as much discussion as our exclusive new releases, but this is still a very good game.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I bought it some time ago - cheap from another online store...it is worth way more than I paid for it - it's a great game.

The package I got did not have the Light of the Spire addon though.

It's an incredibly good and addictive game
Alba gu' brath
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm working my way through the tutorials, as well as watching the video tutorials, and am thinking this might be the elusive "RTS for people who hate RTS".
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Yeah - I'm not a massive RTS fan - I can play them, but steer clear of most of them.

I watched a video of this on youtube after people were raving about it and I thought "You are kidding me! It's like a micro management mess" - but I took the plunge when I saw it so cheap and was glad I did - it's a little gem...
Alba gu' brath
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: tgb
I'm working my way through the tutorials, as well as watching the video tutorials, and am thinking this might be the elusive "RTS for people who hate RTS".

That's basically my opinion as well and it's a big part of why we wanted to bring it to our community.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I bought it two years ago, and I played it for more than 90 hours -- not something I do with every game I buy. I really loved it.

Arcen Games' website has pretty active forums for AI War, with a particularly active strategy sub-forum. Er, I hope Erik doesn't mind my mentioning that.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

It certainly is. Unlike most run-of-the-mill RTS games, this one is far more strategy oriented and not simply a build & swarm type as most.

I downright loathe those typical RTSes but bought the AI package on a sale a year or two ago. I was pleasantly surprised at the depth and innovative approach. It's certainly an RTS for RTS-haters. [8D]

And, yes, I imagine quite a number of us already have it but I can definitely recommend it to anyone here who doesn't.
ding5689

Post by ding5689 »

It is really my honor to have this opportunity for a interview,
Dogs aren't exactly subtle when they want something -- and a break from the heat is no exception.

My sister's dog used to stop, drop and remain immobile until someone picked her up on hot and humid days. When my pooch Lulu has had enough of the great outdoors, she prefers to bang and scratch on the back door. Sometimes she manages to open it, bursting into the living room.

The recent spike in temperature and humidity surprised plenty of pet owners, prompting Dr. Ann Hohenhaus, a veterinarian with the Animal Medical Center in New York, to offer a few timely tips on keeping pets cool in the summer heat.

cheap nfl jerseys
nfl kids jerseys
nfl jerseys
SireChaos

Post by SireChaos »

It´s certainly a game where applying one of the handful of strategies with which, taken together, you can win any RTS (Turtling, Zerg Rush etc) will result in your swift and painful demise.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep, played this for awhile, and got stomped for awhile, and stopped playing. It's a good game, but I suck at it. Of course I suck at most games, but I still play. I guess that is the first sign of being crazy.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

Return to “AI War Alien Bundle”