Real Sound Mod

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

VPaulus

Real Sound Mod

Post by VPaulus »

After countless hours of hard work (cutting, editing, cleaning and filtering), Razz and VPaulus are pleased to announce the Real Sound Mod.
The purpose of this mod was to add new sounds to the vanilla Panzer Corps and add a little more immersion feeling. We have tried to use real and accurate sounds as much as possible. In some cases we've used similar sounds for similar sounding equipment. Some it was not possible and we left with the original Panzer Corps sounds.
The mod it's not finished, it's still work in progress. We plan to add more sounds.
The movement sfx is almost complete. Unfortunately the attack sfx is very far from being completed. It's harder to get real and accurate firing sounds. Regarding this matter, we will have to relax a little our accuracy policy.

To install, just unzip the files and folders to the correspondent Panzer Corps subfolders "Audio" and "Graphics".
The only file replaced from the original, is the "efx.pzdat". So please do a backup of this file in the "Graphics" subfolder.
Strongly advised the use of Generic Mod Enabler.

We are releasing the mod in two formats, MP3 and Wav.
To be honest I don't think there are much difference between the two formats, only the size of the file is smaller, in the MP3 case. Anyway the choice belongs to the user.

Version 0.50:
MP3 version 0.5: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20820862 ... 29+MP3.zip
Wav version 0.5: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20823128 ... 29+Wav.zip

Updates:
Update 0.51 for Mp3 version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20848639 ... +-+MP3.zip
Update 0.51 for Wav version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20848633 ... +-+WAV.zip

Update 0.52 for Mp3 version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20952301 ... ___MP3_zip
Update 0.52 for Wav version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20952306 ... ___WAV_zip

* Installation Notes for updates:
- With "Generic Mod Enabler" installed
Deactivate the "Real Sound Mod" from "Generic Mod Enabler". Extract the update zip file. Copy/replace the file(s) from the
"Panzer Corps\MODS\Real Sound Mod" subfolder with the ones extracted. Activate the "Real Sound Mod" in "Generic Mod Enabler".
- Without "Generic Mod Enabler" installed
Extract the update zip file. Copy/replace the file(s) from the "Panzer Corps\MODS\Real Sound Mod" subfolder with the ones extracted.

List of compatible mods:
- Panzer General Classical Mod (v0.15)
- Italian Campaign (v0.52)

Remember, that this is still work in progress.

Thanks to El Condoro, Xerkis and dshaw for testing a smaller version of the mod.
Dumnorix

RE: Real Sound Mod

Post by Dumnorix »

Very good work - I like the train sounds - some are better like my new sounds !
Can I use some for my Africa Corps ?

H.Balck
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks, HBalck! Your commentary, coming from a man that is always looking for perfection and accuracy, means a lot.
Let me first speak with Razz about that. In my view, all the mod is to be share and should be free to use by any other modders, as long as the credit is given to the authors.
If Razz don't answer here, with his consent or not, I'll PM him and I'll let you know soon.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Sure can I don't mind, but I think you will find our modification superior to yours. Then you will take out the few select sounds and add yours.

Remember 99% of the sounds are the real item or at least the same weapon. For example 76.2 mm AT. Can not locate KV-1 sound. KV-1 uses same weapon so we use same sound and or modify it slightly and tag it to the KV-1.

I have well over 100 hours put into this. Perhaps Paulus has 300 or more. Maybe its 500 for the team. Allot of time in research, then selecting the best out of the research to apply to the game.

Those train sounds are the real deal.

You really should try multi-player Operation Zitadell because it is close to the real deal and fun! Then you can suggest improvements.

Remember... sound is dependent upon the user. We are all different pertaining to which item we like..
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Well you've your answer HBalck. Feel free to use anything from the mod as long as you give credit to the authors.
I however, I'm not so sure and confident as Razz, that all the sounds are better than yours.[;)]
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Special thanks to Dshaw who tested the full sound files in MP and SP mode.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Combining the Real Sound Mod with other mods using Generic Mod Enabler (ex. Panzer General Classical Mod)

First you've to activate the mod with which you want to combine Real Sound Mod (RSM), in this case is Panzer General Classical Mod (PGCM)

Second we will activate RSM

When we try to activate a message warning about the conflict between two mods will popup.
Press "Yes" to overwrite the file(s) in question.
RSM is compatible with other mods after patched. (Please take the a look at list of compatible mods, in the first post of this thread)

The game is ready to play with the two mods.

If you want to deactivate PGCM, just deactivate in the inverse order. First RSM and then for last PGCM.
Rokkorfan

Post by Rokkorfan »

Uploaded the mod and love it, but I've got no noise for the bridging engineers.... Is that right?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks.
No it's not right. They were a last minute addition.
I've checked and you're right, no sound. I'll check later what went wrong and report back.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Edit: The issues in this post were corrected with the update 0.51.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Update for Real Sound Mod

Changelog:
Ver. 051

* New Sounds:
- Gloster_Gauntlet
- Gloster_Gladiator
- I-15
- L3-35
- Lancia_3RO