AI War: Alien Bundle Now Available and On Sale!

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown. This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command!
SeanD

AI War: Alien Bundle Now Available and On Sale!

Post by SeanD »

Get AI War and its 3 expansions now for the lowest price around!

Matrix Games, Slitherine, and Arcen Games thrilled to announce that AI War: Alien Bundle is now available for purchase at the Matrix Games Online Store. The Alien Bundle version of AI War contains the original AI War: Fleet Command base game in addition to the three other expansions: The Zenith Remnant, Children of Neinzul, and Light of the Spire.

To mark the release of this exciting and innovative real time strategy game, Matrix is running a two week sale on AI War: Alien Bundle so gamers can pick up the game for $19.99 (digital download), or $10 (33%) off of the regular price for the digital download version. That’s the lowest price you’ll find for all four critically acclaimed titles so there’s never been a better time to try AI War!

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “As wargamers, strategy gamers and sci-fi gamers, we’ve been fans of AI War since the original release, which received incredible critical acclaim. When the opportunity arose to bring this to our audience, we had to take it and we highly recommend you give it a try. AI War is a great concept, very well executed that allows you to play at your own speed and your own level of management. AI War offers a great gameplay experience both solo and in co-op multiplayer against a very tough AI. The Alien Bundle is the entire AI War series in one updated package and is the perfect way to jump into what is anything but your usual Sci-Fi strategy game.”

Still on the fence? There’s also a playable demo available so you can get a taste of what it’s like to fend off the AI hordes!

About AI War: Alien Bundle

Humanity has already fought its war against the machines -- and lost. AI death squads stand watch over every planet and every wormhole, the few remaining human settlements are held captive in orbiting bubbles, and the AIs have turned their attention outward, away from the galaxy, to alien threats or opportunities unknown. This inattention is our only hope: a small resistance, too insignificant even to be noticed by the AI central command, has survived. These are the forces you will command!

This is AI War: Alien Bundle, a one-of-a-kind strategy game that plays like an RTS but feels like a 4X, with tower defense and grand strategy bits, too. With limitless replayability, dozens of ship types, and massive battles, AI War: Alien Bundle allows you to test your wits against cunning and unique AI opponents either solo or with up to 8 players in cooperative mode. AI War: Alien Bundle is extremely configurable, so you can set it up to have a slower, more thoughtful, 4X feel, or you can make everything happen blazing fast so that your reflexes are tested. Whether you’re a hardcore wargamer, an RTS addict, 4X lover, or something in between – AI War: Alien Bundle will bring countless hours of space strategy!

The AI War: Alien Bundle includes the base game, AI War: Fleet Command, in addition to its three expansions, AI War: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Children of Neinzul, AI War: Light of the Spire.
  • Over 600 ship types including smaller fleet ships, massive starships, fixed turrets, and specialty ships.
  • A variety of minor human and alien factions which can help or hinder the player and provide additional objectives and flavor.
  • Over 50 unique AI types to battle against including entrenched homeworlder, vicious raider, mine enthusiast, and others
  • 54 "bonus" ship classes (4-5 ships in each), many with unique abilities like cloaking, teleporting, multi-shot, leeching, and much more.
  • Tons of other specialty ships that can be built or captured, such as the golems, spirecraft, fortresses, ion cannons, and more.
  • Several different map styles to dynamically generate campaign maps on.
  • Nearly three dozen unique music tracks
  • 234 local achievements to strive for
  • A long list of cheats and mod commands to allow for tinkering and customization while playing
  • Head to the AI War Wiki for a more complete list of features.
  • The Alien Bundle includes the base game, AI War: Fleet Command, in addition to its three expansions, AI War: The Zenith Remnant, AI War: Children of Neinzul, AI War: Light of the Spire.
Get more information on of AI War: Alien Bundle from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Hertston

RE: AI War: Alien Bundle Now Available and On Sale!

Post by Hertston »

Delighted to see this finally made it to Matrix; awesome game. I have a feeling most here likely to buy AI War probably already have, but if not, and you aren't a member of the 'turn based or death' club then give it a try. It's totally unique.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

I bought the original and first expansion through Steam and had a lot of fun with it.  The game has received excellent support from Arcen Games.  Will probably buy the bundle here too while it's on sale.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Does AI War have a solitare mode? I can't tell by the demo.
Jim Cobb
Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

Does AI War have a solitare mode? I can't tell by the demo.

Yes, it is possible to play just against the AI yourself.
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Thanks.
Jim Cobb
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Way to late for me, but a good deal for those who missed it. And no (potential) hassles with Steam, either.
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

I had passed up the Distant Worlds offer when purchasing the AI War, and while downloading the game, I decided I would like to buy Distant Worlds. Is there any way I can get the special deal offered for Distant Worlds without buying the AI War again?
spelk

Post by spelk »

Its good to see Arcen partner up with Matrix, I hope the additional distribution possibilities opens up the world of AI War to even more gamers.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Ronster,
ORIGINAL: Ronster
I had passed up the Distant Worlds offer when purchasing the AI War, and while downloading the game, I decided I would like to buy Distant Worlds. Is there any way I can get the special deal offered for Distant Worlds without buying the AI War again?

Thank you for your interest. The cross-sell offer for Distant Worlds was not actually at a discount, we just do these as a regular thing in our store to raise customer awareness of similar products. There is a bundle deal with Distant Worlds and the Return of the Shakturi expansion, but if you go back and purchase Distant Worlds separately now you will get the same price you would have gotten had you purchased it together with AI War.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: spelk
Its good to see Arcen partner up with Matrix, I hope the additional distribution possibilities opens up the world of AI War to even more gamers.

Thanks Spelk, we hope so too.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I saw a video of AI War and posted here asking wtf it was. I couldn't believe what I was seeing - it looked awful and yet people were raving about it. I eventually picked it up and lo and behold...what an awesome game.

It's not played "regularly" because I have a terribly short attention span, but it's been on my hard drive since purchase and I do play it now and again...it is a great wee game.
Alba gu' brath
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I never heard of this game before but it looks interesting. Downloaded the demo and the first thing I noticed is the manual layout. Two manual pages per each pdf page which makes it difficult to impossible to print. Is the manual in the release better?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Most Matrix games come with 2 versions of the manual in PDF. One is printer friendly. Don't know for sure about this one.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “AI War Alien Bundle”