Running in VMWare Fusion?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
jim0020

Running in VMWare Fusion?

Post by jim0020 »

Does anyone have any experience running Close Combat in VMWare Fusion (Windows 7) on a Mac (Intel)? Seems to start up fine, but once the game starts, the screen doesn't update unless you scroll off that section of the screen and then scroll back. In the unit placement phase at the start, you can click to start placing units, but the box saying click to start doesn't disappear unless you scroll the box off and back onto the screen. The units will move, but you can't see them move unless again you scroll the unit off and back on screen. Again when the game starts, you can give orders, but you don't see the orders menu or the line tracing the unit to the mouse location. The orders take place, and the units do as they are ordered, but you won't see any changes unless you scroll off and back onto that section of the map.

I've uploaded my directx profile...

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(26.57 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
RD Oddball

RE: Running in VMWare Fusion?

Post by RD Oddball »

I'm not saying it's directly related to what you're seeing but one issue I've seen with other games is that access to the machines graphics card seems to be limited when launching windows through emulation software. Especially on games using 3D. I'm using Parallels to run windows. When I launch windows using bootcamp and run windows natively, access to the graphics card is direct and all the issues clear up. I've not tried fixing the issue by adjusting the graphics card. Not certain that will fix the problem so never invested the time. Especially since running windows directly fixes the issue.

Again, food for thought. Not sure if it's related to your issue or not. Bootcamp is free and if you have the HD space works well with windows.

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”