One Mod I would definitely like to see,,,,

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

halder252

One Mod I would definitely like to see,,,,

Post by halder252 »

What would really be interesting is a Cold War Mod for this game. I’ve been playing WWII and WWI computer and board games for a long time (over 20 years!) and I’ve seen a lot of great games but the games/mods/scenarios that have captured my interest the most have been the Cold War material, depicting the war that never happened. You want to talk Blitzkrieg, than try stopping 5 Soviet Tank Armies of T72’s and T62’s racing across West Germany!

Anyone out there willing to put together a Cold War Mod? There is plenty of reference material available and it would add an incredible dimension to the game.

My suggestions for possible Mod Names;
Red Lightening
Soviet Juggernaut
Red Storm
Warsaw Pact

If I had the skills I would put together the mod myself but I don’t, though there are some very talented people here that could make this project come together. I am also going to post this in the Panzer Corps Forum as I would like a Panzer Corps Cold War Mod as well and at one point there was a PG Cold War Game called Eastern General, that could be used as a reference.

If anyone takes up the challenge let me know.

Attachments
WarsawPactsmall.jpg
WarsawPactsmall.jpg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Rosseau

RE: One Mod I would definitely like to see,,,,

Post by Rosseau »

+1, although I don't think it will happen. 
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

If you can find the 3D models, then that might be a start, but rigging and exporting even just the vehicles (the infantry can probably just be re-textured) is a fair job.

Then you need to build the scenarios...

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Good luck with the NATO Warsaw Pact stuff. I would much prefer to see some more historical, but less popular, battles. Poland 39, Spanish Civil War, Campaign in the Balkans, Norway 1940, Malaya, Burma, China , the Phillipines and tons of WW1 stuff. Modern stuff I would like the Arab Israeli Wars, Iran-Iraq and Indo-Pakistan Wars but happlily admit there may not be much demand for the latter two. Its the variaty that makes our hobby so interesting.
A Sharif
halder252

Post by halder252 »

I would agree with a mod featuring the Arab-Israeli Wars, the scenarios would present a good challenge.

Attachments
Arab israeli.jpg
Arab israeli.jpg (104.38 KiB) Viewed 351 times
halder252

Post by halder252 »

Heres a game I used to play, quite simplistic but it wasn't bad overall (poor graphics to).

Attachments
Redlightenin.jpg
Redlightenin.jpg (40.28 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

Good luck with the NATO Warsaw Pact stuff. I would much prefer to see some more historical, but less popular, battles. Poland 39, Spanish Civil War, Campaign in the Balkans, Norway 1940, Malaya, Burma, China , the Phillipines and tons of WW1 stuff. Modern stuff I would like the Arab Israeli Wars, Iran-Iraq and Indo-Pakistan Wars but happlily admit there may not be much demand for the latter two. Its the variaty that makes our hobby so interesting.

+1 to all of the above
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

One approach, which was used fairly successfully before there were people happy with the 3D side of things, was to take existing vehicles and redo the textures to stand in for others (e.g. Italian armour was used to stand in for Japanese pacific armour, with redrawn textures). It's not perfect, but there might be some that would stand in for the various Yom Kippur etc units. Then it's a case of building accurate unit stats etc of course.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: halder252

Heres a game I used to play, quite simplistic but it wasn't bad overall (poor graphics to).

I had it too. I always lost against the Russians. The first sign would always be me losing the sea war on the Atlantic, I always remember never being able to win the Sea battle.

However most of my time was spent dropping chemical and tac nukes! I'd still loose though.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”