Production-less Japan scenario

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gradenko2k

Production-less Japan scenario

Post by gradenko2k »

Is / was there ever a scenario where Japan simply gets its forces "as-is", similar to plain Allied arrivals, allowing for the production part of the game to be "skipped"? I imagine some of you may consider this heresy, but the industry management is why I've only ever played Japan in the smaller scenarios, and I don't think I have the option of leaving it up to the computer or just going laissez-faire on the settings either.
n01487477

RE: Production-less Japan scenario

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

Is / was there ever a scenario where Japan simply gets its forces "as-is", similar to plain Allied arrivals, allowing for the production part of the game to be "skipped"? I imagine some of you may consider this heresy, but the industry management is why I've only ever played Japan in the smaller scenarios, and I don't think I have the option of leaving it up to the computer or just going laissez-faire on the settings either.
There isn't one, but you could open up the editor, do some leg work and get it done. Actually I'm making something a bit similar; not because I want to play it. Rather because I thought it would be an easier introduction for some players. The Japanese economy would already be set up from Day1. Convoys ready to set etc Also I'd be looking to reduce the number of aircraft variants.

Tweaking would be required as the player continues - but at least the initial steps would be in-hand.

Back to the OP. Guess you could make it historical if you knew all the production runs of just make a good guess at it.

Or learn the system - which really isn't that hard once you get into it.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

What if you set Japanese production to no in the editor? I assume then all units just appear.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

It was possible in old WITP. I have never tried it, but you could set switch, at the beginning, to disable production.
Also, changing Scenario in editor will not be that hard. After all there is not THAT much Japanese devices, and some of them already have limit (but it does not work with production on).

But, thinking of it, what will be the goal of transporting raw materials to Japan? There will be no need for HI points, so only reason would be supply, and it would not be needed for factories expansion. So some reduction in ships capacity/fuel consumption/supply production will be also needed.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

That is my understanding of the switch - to simplify the game is the point I assume

There is already little point in transporting resources to Japan - if you leave (fictional) vast resource centers on the
Home Islands. On the basis that "AE is a game, not a sim" formally a lot of economic stuff is off limits for revision -
and even was removed - I am told. Nor is it easy to get economics to work right even if you try? At a minimum it
takes a lot of work. I know players who won't play Japan because of production (including my present test game
player). And it does take time to manage the economy.

I too am thinking of going this way - as a player option. I am going to test the switch. And think about a sub-mod
within a larger one - making both sides about the same in this regard.

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Feedback indicates interest in this subject - so I will do a double release of RHS when completed -
101 = standard historical; 102 = Japan modified for production similar to the Allies - with
historical rates built into the database - although unlike the Allies the Japanese could modify it -

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”