Evil Ed Document - update to current version OF TOAW

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Telumar

RE: Evil Ed Document - update to current version OF TOAW

Post by Telumar »

Kind of defeating the purpose.. low proficiency airborne units. Be it as it is, i'm still sceptical about airsupply until proven otherwise.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

... i'm still sceptical about airsupply until proven otherwise

Me too, so I ran a quick test, nothing comprehensive, but enough to prove part of it, I think.

See it here:

tm.asp?m=2835922&mpage=1&#2835942
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

As i stand corrected here's an updated version of the EvilEd document. I also confess the heresy of adding an own, albeit small, chapter to this tome..
Attachments
EvilEdToaw3.4.zip
(138.93 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Oh, you guys of little faith,

I was going to upload my test scenario but I do not have to. Stefan's first test scenario works perfectly well and shows clearly airborne resupply in action.

I upload instead a PDF which goes someway to explain what is going on...

Best wishes,
Steve
Attachments
AirborneResupply.zip
(213.45 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Stefan,

What I meant was if you were using high proficiency troops, then you might not have been running the scenario for long enough to see the effects of airborne resupply.

Best wishes,
Steve (no, the other one...)
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Sertorius1

Post by Sertorius1 »

Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask this question here seeing how it involves the editor and someone here can probably answer it.

When I click the "Scenario Properties" I get the message that states "This scenario is valid, but may need additional work. Use edit forces to customize force # settings." This is from an old scenario of someone's that I am doing an upgrade on. What I would like to know is what exactly does this mean and what do I need to do here in terms of what controls do I need to look at?

Thanks.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Sertorius1

Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask this question here seeing how it involves the editor and someone here can probably answer it.

When I click the "Scenario Properties" I get the message that states "This scenario is valid, but may need additional work. Use edit forces to customize force # settings." This is from an old scenario of someone's that I am doing an upgrade on. What I would like to know is what exactly does this mean and what do I need to do here in terms of what controls do I need to look at?

Thanks.

It means that the designer never set any Force-level settings for one of the sides. That side has the default for all its Force settings. That means a Force Proficiency of 100, Force Supply Stockpile Level of 100, etc. Maybe that's what he intended to do, but the game asks that question, just to be sure.

To change them, open the Force Editor, then access the Edit pull-down on the main menu and select "Modify Current Force". This will present a suite of Force Parameters that can be edited.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Sertorius1

Post by Sertorius1 »

Many thanks, Bob.

Maybe some of us can get together one day to create a manual for using the editor as a whole. Right now there is information on various aspects of it all across the board.

I knew this was a good place for this question.

Return to “Scenario Design”