Naval Support ships and supply

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SgtSwanson

Naval Support ships and supply

Post by SgtSwanson »

I found this link for Naval Supply but nothing else on the other Support Ships. What I would like to know is:

How many subs does a sinlge AS support at the base?
How many DDs for a AD? And so on?
Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
herwin

RE: Naval Support ships and supply

Post by herwin »

I think the number is on the order of four. The manual discusses repairs and supply. Check there.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

What do you mean by "support".

1. If you mean rearming it is merely a function of the size of the cargo capacity, the weapon rearming cost and whether the port has sufficient supply stockpiled to allow the tenders to refill their cargo capacity.

2. If it is repairing then again it is flexible, read s.14.2.3.2.1 of the manual in particular.

Alfred
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: SgtSwanson

I found this link for Naval Supply but nothing else on the other Support Ships. What I would like to know is:

How many subs does a sinlge AS support at the base?
How many DDs for a AD? And so on?
I think those ships are spending Operation Points during rearming, and it depends on number of rearming weapons.
So, if SS have only two tubes, it will use less Operation Points of AS, than SS with 8 tubes. But it is possible, that tender will run out of Points during rearming, and you will have to wait to next day.

During repair, I think it can only help one ship at a time (if you set it specific to repair ship). But repaired ships tend to use repairing ship, even when not ordered to directly. I have seen, that ship is listed to be able to repair completely, despite being at pierside, and having small amount of Major Damage.

Return to “The War Room”