.AZP files

Post new mods and scenarios here.
TAIL_GUNNER

.AZP files

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

A coupla questions...

1. Are all the .AZP files inter-compatible between LSA and TLD? Meaning can I copy the TLD files over to the LSA engine with no hacking required?

2. Adding a gun to Guns.azp....can I use a unique filename or does it have to replace one of the original graphics?

Thanks for help..
ChadG
AKA "Juggalo"
RD Oddball

RE: .AZP files

Post by RD Oddball »

The AZP files are inter-compatible as a file format. You need to make sure all the data matches up though.

Unique file names are allowed as long as all the data in the rest of the game matches up. Repacking a file with unique names requires the AZP text file to be modified so the repack process knows to expect that new file.

The limitation on the number of entries the AZP can have is determined by the data limits.
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Thanks for the reply Oddball...though I'm not sure what you mean by "AZP text file to be modified"?[&:]
AKA "Juggalo"
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Oddball is flaunting his old school colors. SgtWilson's ancient Xtank tool created a text file containing vehicle filenames, hull and turret offsets when it unpacked .azp files. You pointed Xtank at the text file to repack the .azp file from the graphics in the text file's folder. Mafi's more recent RTB tool uses a different unpack/repack methodology.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

[:)] Sorry Xe5 is right. I was unintentionally mixing operation from an old editor. To add a new vehicle with RTB tool you just need to create a appropriately named folder of TGA files for the new vehicle entry with a corresponding hotspot txt file. That hotspot txt file can be one from another vehicle. When you select the TGA -> TEX function in RTB tool a new *.tex file is created for that vehicle then you can edit the hotspots in the hotspot text file after you load your newly created tex file back into RTB tool. Less likely to have errors that way.

Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (585.62 KiB) Viewed 256 times
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

I find it's easier to edit the hotspots in vehicle shadow edit tool that Mafi created since it shows all the elements together at one time, accurately. Counting pixels in Photoshop can be a headache.

Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (178.61 KiB) Viewed 256 times
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Cool, thanks for the help!
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”