Scenarios

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

mllange

Scenarios

Post by mllange »

I used to own this series of games, years and years ago. I vaguely remember enjoying them, but have little recollection of the details. Based on my memories and the favorable response seen in the Matrix community to date I will likely re-purchase the series through Matrix (no idea what happened to my old disks).

I'm curious as to the activity of the mod and scenario community. I've read positive comments about the scenario editor, but there do not appear to be many scenarios listed on the forums. Are folks keeping there scenario creations to themselves at this point, or is there a secret scenario database I don't know about? Also, in terms of the stock scenarios, I don't see many from the east front - (2?). Any particular reason why there is a dearth of east front scenarios?
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
PirateJock

RE: Scenarios

Post by PirateJock »

I'm not sure that I've seen any completed player created scenarios yet - although there is WWI mod in progress and a game conversion (Tactics II). I am quite sure that there is isn't a secret scenario database [;)]

I keep thinking I should try and create something - currently I'm toying with getting started on an Operation Goodwood map. Just need a bit of time and focus. I've used the editor to create test maps and it is very easy.

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Always best to wait for the official patch first before getting creative. The game comes with quite a few scenarios already.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: PirateJock

I keep thinking I should try and create something - c

Many scenarios are 30, 40 or 50 turns long.

I have already learnt that you can take any scenario, rename it and then easily edit it.

The things to edit is the number of turns and the value of the VLs - to balance the edited scenario.

-
Nebogipfel

Post by Nebogipfel »

I´m pretty sure there will be more scenarios in future, because of this easy to handle editor.

But you get so many scenarios with the game, that most people like me seem to be busy.....[:D]

Just wait.......

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Lets not
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I typically tweak each scenario that comes with the game before playing it, but not worth posting it, of course. Like they said, it comes with so many....

Return to “Combat Command Series”