Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108r9 updated 21 January 2012 (2nd part)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

medicff

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108p3 updated 10 July (2nd part)

Post by medicff »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

ORIGINAL: medicff

While we are chasing bugs. While updating New Zealand INF groups the Dunedin base force was set to upgrade from the militia, changed from beta P9 to Q1 and made moves and ran turn. Next turn Dunedin BF shows lost the infantry/milita to an additional Aviation group and also additional Engineer line.

Ran next turn and upgraded another BF without any issues so either with Dunedin BF or changing betas??

Pic below, I have saves if you want.

Looking at the Dunedin BF in editor, the active weapons are slightly askewed with the TOE.
However I would have expected it to correct itself by merging the duplicated slots, and taking the normal TOE replacements, after a few days.

I will keep checking but so far three two day turns with no corrections. I do have the replacements off however I will try with them on. The TOE is correct when you click on it.

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

While we are chasing bugs. While updating New Zealand INF groups the Dunedin base force was set to upgrade from the militia, changed from beta P9 to Q1 and made moves and ran turn. Next turn Dunedin BF shows lost the infantry/milita to an additional Aviation group and also additional Engineer line.

Ran next turn and upgraded another BF without any issues so either with Dunedin BF or changing betas??

Pic below, I have saves if you want.

Looking at the Dunedin BF in editor, the active weapons are slightly askewed with the TOE.
However I would have expected it to correct itself by merging the duplicated slots, and taking the normal TOE replacements, after a few days.

I will keep checking but so far three two day turns with no corrections. I do have the replacements off however I will try with them on. The TOE is correct when you click on it.

Wrong post
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

When Yorktown appeared her airgroup VF42 appeared with bug in pilots. When first open pilot screen you see a blank line (first pic). After clicking or adjusting the blank line goes away and in its place you get the pilot with a 194 delay showing up in a different line (second pic next post). This happens every time you check on the air group pilots after several turns of checking. Note tracker doesn't show either pilot.

graphical glitch?
No. A Japanese pilot has been assigned to the group. Which scenario is it?

It is scenario two.

Can't see any bad data in the editor.
Can you post the save and I'll see if it is that or just a 'glitch'?
Michael
SgtSwanson

Post by SgtSwanson »

Quixote is correct with getting it to run full screen. However, if you want to take full advantage of your obviously large monitor, also add the following to the command line (use the resolution of YOUR monitor here...)
-px1920 -py1080

Sorry, but how would it go in the command line? And in Target? or Start in?
Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
bk19@mweb.co.za

Post by bk19@mweb.co.za »

This is an example as recommended.

"E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific AE\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -archive -autosave -px1920 -py1080

This is captured in the 'Target' field.

To understand what all of these command line parameters do read the document WhatsNew.pdf that you will find in the root of your WITP AE installation
PaxMondo

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108q2 updated 4 September (2nd part)

Post by PaxMondo »

[1108q2]
Fixed Fast Transport not updating cargo/troop capacity in creation of TF screen [DCB]
Tweak Show next resize on groups in lists [MEM]
Tweak Allow ships to refuel small amount from port without excessive Ops expenditure [MEM]
Fixed AutoConvoy TF should retain their Home Base as a supply hub base [MEM]
Fixed AutoConvoy TF home base is not supply hub base [MEM]
Tweak Add Political Cost to withdraw group screen [MEM]
Thanks Michael!!

[&o][&o][&o]
Pax
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

michaelm, thanks for update!
SgtSwanson

Post by SgtSwanson »

Wow, nice we can do that now for the more up to date vid cards and monitors.

Thanks for all the help. Got the beta running this morning. Now I have to learn the do's and don'ts of stockpileing.
Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

What, no Labour Day weekend down under?
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Stockpiling question

Inland bases are always running short of resources/oil/fuel etc to run there industry dispite oodles of the stuff in a port say 10 hexes away. If I turn on stockpiling for the bases will that prevent this help prevent this from happening?

Actually I'm going to find out shortly as I'm going to turn it on for all bases reported by tracker as being short.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

What, no Labour Day weekend down under?
Next month, IIRC. Means twice the work???
Michael
joey

Post by joey »

I do like the beta. Thanks much!
I have one question about the beta, under each base and taskforce is "range is ..." What is this refering to? Range to what?
Theages

Post by Theages »

ORIGINAL: joey

I do like the beta. Thanks much!
I have one question about the beta, under each base and taskforce is "range is ..." What is this refering to? Range to what?

Range to currently selected hex.
Tyler

AI turn is processing at warp speed

Post by Tyler »

Installed the latest update from previous beta p2. Now the AI turn is going super fast. This did not happen with the official patch. This would sometimes happen with p2 on the first AI turn after I loaded the save game but it would go back to normal on following turns. With the latest update it happens every AI turn. I don't see any other posts with people having this problem. Any ideas?
PaxMondo

RE: AI turn is processing at warp speed

Post by PaxMondo »

Sorry, all I can say is that I am NOT seeing any problem. Have run several/many turns against the AI with the latest beta today.
Pax
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

I went into preferences, clicked each message delay up one click and turned the show animations switch off and then back on again. I then loaded the pre turn save from my last turn and the game ran at normal. No more AI turn in a blur.?????????????? Weird.
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

ORIGINAL: Tyler

I went into preferences, clicked each message delay up one click and turned the show animations switch off and then back on again. I then loaded the pre turn save from my last turn and the game ran at normal. No more AI turn in a blur.?????????????? Weird.

Hoplosternum and I are getting the same issue in our PBEM as well, despite preference changes on both sides.
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Installed the latest update from previous beta p2. Now the AI turn is going super fast. This did not happen with the official patch. This would sometimes happen with p2 on the first AI turn after I loaded the save game but it would go back to normal on following turns. With the latest update it happens every AI turn. I don't see any other posts with people having this problem. Any ideas?
Check the message delays in the preferences. The first 2 - map scroll and message delay - are the main ones used during the turn which are not animation-related. Increase them - IIRC the normal defaults are about 2 for each.

Also hitting the space bar during the turn will turn the general message delay OFF/ON - message is displayed when this happens to say which way it went.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

hi michaelm,

could you check out this prob? it occurs in all the stock & beta releases.

when a TF arrives or is created in a port, & gets refueled/rearmed (either automatically or manually), it uses a certain # of Ops points. But if that TF is just left to sit (not disbanded or sent somewhere), its TF display doesn't clear the Ops back to 0 on succeeding turns.

In the attached file, TF 42 in San Francisco has been sitting there for weeks, displaying the same 80 Ops.
The ship Ops gets reset twice a turn.

I would say it spending them on something. I'll have a look and see what.

The TF is being refuelled at the end of each turn. All ships show 100% fuel.

The reason for the Ops expenditure is that the group on the Long Island is executing training missions for the group and using up Ops points, and thus is being refuelled.
However the expenditure shouldn't really be passed to all ships in the TF unless it was at sea. As it is docked, the expenditure should really be limited to the LI as the source of the training flights.

More I think of it, training flights shouldn't count in this case as the planes are not "really" flying from the carrier, but is the method of how pilots are trained.

The other side of the coin is that we allow strikes from groups that are on ships that are in a 'docked' TF.[:D]
Michael
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Check the message delays in the preferences. The first 2 - map scroll and message delay - are the main ones used during the turn which are not animation-related. Increase them - IIRC the normal defaults are about 2 for each.

Also hitting the space bar during the turn will turn the general message delay OFF/ON - message is displayed when this happens to say which way it went.

Michael

We have tried all manner of settings and no hitting of escape or space bar involved. No matter whatever setting I put the turn runs at warp speed and the message default is at 0.1 speed
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Return to “Tech Support”