TOE / Recombine issue <No Travis Plz>

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

schwartzkie

TOE / Recombine issue <No Travis Plz>

Post by schwartzkie »

MichaelM,

20th Indian / A is at Chittigong and, before the turn of the year, had a TOE of 25 Pounder Guns and 6 pound AT Guns. 20th Indian B, and C are also at Chittigong and have already upgraded to 25 Pounders. 20th Inidian / A didnt have enough 25 Pounder guns to upgrade prior to a few days ago. But, now, the TOE is showing 18 pounder guns, making it impossible to upgrade and, subsequently recombine the Division - Any way to fix this?

I have the same issue with 2nd Australian /B and /C at Cairns.

Thanks for your support,

Schwartzkie
Attachments
wpae008Copy.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
m10bob

RE: TOE / Recombine issue <No Travis Plz>

Post by m10bob »

So long as they are all sitting in the same location, and in supply, they should eventually all get the same equipment, at the rate of theer nations rate of manufacture, IIRC..Gotta check them ever so often..

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: schwartzkie

MichaelM,

20th Indian / A is at Chittigong and, before the turn of the year, had a TOE of 25 Pounder Guns and 6 pound AT Guns. 20th Indian B, and C are also at Chittigong and have already upgraded to 25 Pounders. 20th Inidian / A didnt have enough 25 Pounder guns to upgrade prior to a few days ago. But, now, the TOE is showing 18 pounder guns, making it impossible to upgrade and, subsequently recombine the Division - Any way to fix this?

I have the same issue with 2nd Australian /B and /C at Cairns.

Thanks for your support,

Schwartzkie
If you want to hasten the upgrade, you also need to turn off any possible upgrade/replacement that could take some of the 25 pdr guns from the pool.
Michael
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

It really does come down to milli-managing the replacements and the devices in the pool.&nbsp; (I don't quite consider it micro-managing) &nbsp;[:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
schwartzkie

Post by schwartzkie »

That's the problem, there are enough 25 pounders in the pools for an upgrade (everyone else that uses them is turned off for replacement except for those 3 BDEs). The problem is, if you go look at their TOE, it says the TOE is now for 18 pounders, when only a month ago or so, it was 25 pounders. 20th Indian /A is in a huge city (Chittigong) with a command HQ and plenty of supply - it should upgrade if its were going to (same with 2nd Aus.).
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: schwartzkie

That's the problem, there are enough 25 pounders in the pools for an upgrade (everyone else that uses them is turned off for replacement except for those 3 BDEs). The problem is, if you go look at their TOE, it says the TOE is now for 18 pounders, when only a month ago or so, it was 25 pounders. 20th Indian /A is in a huge city (Chittigong) with a command HQ and plenty of supply - it should upgrade if its were going to (same with 2nd Aus.).

This appears to be a glitch. The 20th Indian Division follows TO&E progression 2745 (Start)-2755 (April 43) - 2762 (Feb 44).

Both TO&Es after April 43 have 25 pounders, and no 18 pounders in any weapons slot. So after April 43 a division sub-unit that had 25 pounders in its TO&E ought not revert to 18 pounders, as far as I can determine.
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
schwartzkie

Post by schwartzkie »

its 02/43, so the TOE shouldnt have changed, but it did for the BDEs (from 25 pounders to 18 pounders).
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I wouldn't worry about the TOE of the brigades. Once all brigades have the same active weapon, then they can re-combine and the maun divisional TOE would take over.

I just reloaded your save and I notice it is still under 1106i. There have been some fixes applied in the beta to do with TOE and device upgrades, which might impact on your situation - I tend to only think in terms of beta not the older versions.

I'll run one a couple of turns under the beta and see what happens.

Also to upgrade the guns, you need 1.5 times the number of devices - there are 16 present, so the pool needs at least 24.

It took 6 or 7 days to get to level of 24 25-pdr in the pool, even with turning of all replacements, before it would upgrade the guns. The build rate is low (1 gun every 2 or 3 days).
The Div could be rebuilt then.
Michael
schwartzkie

Post by schwartzkie »

Thanks a ton Michael - didnt know about the 1.5 times requirement. This is the 3rd issue that you've helped me with for this PBEM. Thank you again for the wonderful support you provide.

Return to “Tech Support”