Your Favorite Unit

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Razz1

RE: Your Favorite Unit

Post by Razz1 »

My favorite unit is bouncing Betty above ^
She jumps and smashes the enemy tanks with her chest!
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

ORIGINAL: Razz

My favorite unit is bouncing Betty above ^
She jumps and smashes the enemy tanks with her chest!

Hahah, technically she's a unit too, just not for Panzer Corps. [:D]
http://www.playdota.com/heroes/slayer
ImaginaryStar

Post by ImaginaryStar »

Basic Bf-109?
First Medal, first Hero, they made many of my decisive victories possible.
greykemp@gmail.com

Post by greykemp@gmail.com »

I'm still waiting for one. I don't design my own scenarios but I do play with force makeups a lot. I've started about 25 campaigns but never advanced beyond France so far...yeah, I know I'm crazy. The really interesting thing for me is the extreme rareity of awards and Heros. Normally, I don't see an Award before France and those are almost always Iron Crosses, which apparently don't do anything for the unit. I've see two Heros in the 25 early campaigns, both +1 defense. Is this normal?
dig In
Rood

Post by Rood »

Your units get medals when they have enough kills, a kill here meaning reducing an enemies strength level (or causing long term surpression), so it's normal that you only see them around the 3rd scenario.

When a unit has a medal it can also get a hero. The stat bonus a hero gives is random and sometimes useless like +1 spotting for a artillery unit that's always 2-3 hexes away from the front line...
greykemp@gmail.com

Post by greykemp@gmail.com »

Does this mean it gets a Hero at the same time it gets the Award? Or does it mean a Unit with one or more awards MAY get a Hero at the end any turn going forward...limited to Heros = Awards of course.
dig In
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

I see the term "SE" in this forum and Slitherine's. What does it mean actually?
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

ORIGINAL: jaggy

I see the term "SE" in this forum and Slitherine's. What does it mean actually?
It stands for Special Elite and is basically a politically correct was to refer to Waffen-SS units. I rename all mine back to SS, keeping the same unit designation otherwise.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

@VR_IronFist - Thanks for the clarification. 

Return to “Panzer Corps”