aircraft in replacement pools stopped going to air units

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

randallw

aircraft in replacement pools stopped going to air units

Post by randallw »

I have the 1.04.39 update installed. Since then the operational losses for aircraft have gone way up; the problem with that is the air units losing the aircraft don't seem to be refilling their units with equipment from the pool, and they drop to 0 total. I have all air units set to draw replacements.
Attachments
contsovturn198.zip
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Helpless

RE: aircraft in replacement pools stopped going to air units

Post by Helpless »

The problem is that you have too many planes and too many groups. There was a temporary solution added which presents very high losses during the training flights, but it doesn't solve the problem, because you have too many groups which are trying to pull the planes. Now the code is looking for the reserve planes first and then tries to disband old planes, therefore you see many groups with 0 planes. But the problem is that the same groups which are loosing old planes can pull some - a closed loop. I will adjust these functions.

Currently you need to disband these empty groups, especially with old airframes. I know it is not an easy task in 1.04. We have added and ability to disband group in national reserve and today I made function to disband a selection in CR. If you want I can "clean" your save, but there is not that much left.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
randallw

Post by randallw »

I'll just try it manually, disbanding the units.
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

The problem is that you have too many planes and too many groups. There was a temporary solution added which presents very high losses during the training flights, but it doesn't solve the problem, because you have too many groups which are trying to pull the planes. Now the code is looking for the reserve planes first and then tries to disband old planes, therefore you see many groups with 0 planes. But the problem is that the same groups which are loosing old planes can pull some - a closed loop. I will adjust these functions.

Currently you need to disband these empty groups, especially with old airframes. I know it is not an easy task in 1.04. We have added and ability to disband group in national reserve and today I made function to disband a selection in CR. If you want I can "clean" your save, but there is not that much left.

Pavel,

Is it possible to also add a function where you can directly send air groups into the reserve in the CR?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

James, it should be already there -

Attachments
reserve.jpg
reserve.jpg (173.67 KiB) Viewed 7 times
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Opps Thank you Pavel, as usual it was staring me in the face and I failed to notice it.

Return to “Tech Support”